Responsible for CES R&D dept. in following sections.
1. Responsible for the design and development and modifications to CES (Connected Solutions Enterprise - Copper and Fiber solutions for data & Voice) products. Manages product modifications through the complete implementation process to develop designs that meet or exceed product performance specifications per internal Molex standards, industry standards or customer specifications to a planned schedule.
2. New Product designing & introduction for the market to keep the product profile ahead by meticulously going through the full process and documentation with adequate testing and reporting. Position interfaces with Management, Operations, Product Management, Quality Assurance, sales and customers as required. Actively undertakes engineering team activities on all projects in development, 3D Modeling, 2D Drawings, engineering changes, technical documents, product testing, Specifications creation, packaging etc.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Design, Develop, Modify Products for CES, that meet or exceeds Customer Expectations. Design includes all aspects of product development such as: 3D Modeling, 2D Drawings, design layouts, engineering changes, technical documents, tolerance analysis, product testing, etc. Uses risk reduction tools to perform FEA, model simulation etc. for design analysis. Utilizes a working knowledge of material costs and manufacturing processes to determine the impact on various design attributes. Provides input to the DFMEA analysis of the product as required.
2. Carry out Quality checks, support other Engineers, work towards continuous improvement and going Lean wherever possible.
3. Work globally with teams to bring products to production (vendor, Internal operations, Product management, Supply Chain, Quality, across globe)
4. Performs design verification activities to ensure that design meets the specifications of the customer, UL and any other requirements, and environmental testing.
5. Provide technical support to customers, suppliers, and inside product marketing, operations, Quality personnel etc.
6. Understand, support, and contribute to current Molex Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
7. Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
8. Ensure Dept. compliance with all Molex policies & procedures
9. Interact globally with different regions regularly to sort out operations, Quality and project related challenges and be flexible to extend the time to match other time zones.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Found this job inappropriate? Report to us