At Ketto, data lies at the heart of decision making. Be it product, marketing or business development, we employ data-driven scientific rigour to define and implement our business strategies. As we launch and scale new products, the data engineer will be responsible for building robust data pipelines by leveraging industry-best ETL practices to ingest internal as well as third party data, monitor and optimize database performance, and set up our DataOps processes.
Data Engineer will be part of the Data Science & Analytics group, and will closely work with technology & product teams to ensure seamless capture and delivery of critical datasets.
Roles & Responsibilities
What You'll Do
- Design, develop & maintain scalable ETL processes & DataOps workflows ; build processes to integrate internal as well as third party data & build robust quality checks to maintain data sanity
- Lead internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing existing data ingesting processes for optimization, etc.
- Help technology team to investigate, identify and setup new tools and processes for data warehousing, data quality, reporting & analytics, data governance and data cataloguing
- Work closely with stakeholders across technology & business - product, marketing & business development, to understand data requirements & building appropriate solutions
What You'll Need
Education/work experience :
- 2+ years of experience in data engineering
- Anyone with relevant skills/experience is encouraged to apply, irrespective of degree/qualification
Technical Skills :
- A good understanding of designing and building highly scalable data warehouses and data pipelines
- Proficient in programming languages like Python/Scala/PySpark/PLSQL
- Hands-on experience with AWS services including S3, EMR, Glue, Athena, Redshift and RDS
- Experience in data structures & distributed systems - Hadoop and Spark, NOSQL databases, and general knowledge of cloud-based data warehousing platforms (Snowflake, Databricks, BigQuery, Synapse, etc) is highly desirable
Who are we looking for?
Successful candidate will be -
Smart - possess strong analytical and problem solving skills ; quick learner who's able to independently research, build and deploy state-of-art data engineering solutions for Ketto
Entrepreneurial - highly motivated & out of the box thinker with a getting-things-done attitude
Team Player - collaborative, helpful and empathetic ; knows how to drive resultings with working with different team members
Articulate - concise and clear in interpersonal communication ; ability to clearly convey technical as well as business requirements to respective stakeholders
Great colleague - passionate & enthusiastic about work, fun to be around - a true go-to person for the colleagues