Head of Sales Medical device (Only from Hi Tech Medical Device)
Job title : Head of Sales - Medical device
Location: Bangalore, India
Job purpose Drive Medical Sales at a National level to achieve desired quarterly / yearly revenue targets and new customer account acquisitions through well planned sales activities, Actualizing the Sales roadmap through focused efforts from Marketing and Regional Sales
Sales Strategy & Planning :
- Align the Medical Device sales plan for the period to the Medical Division; Ensure systematic cascade of finalized National sales plan to Regions, while embedding stretch and tight alignment
- Lead sales team for the Medical business by winning key clients (new and repeat business) to strengthen the revenue pipeline for Company through systematic funnel process.
- Manage Revenue and FTE budgets for Medical Device sales at a national level; Identify and drive focused sales and marketing initiatives; Periodically report budget utilization and investigate spending variances to drive cost consciousness across the team
- Establish guidelines on sales process and sales touchpoints to drive a standardized experience across customers
- Oversee sales collections at a National level and ensure that Day Sales Outstanding (DSO) is as per the defined standards
- Identify innovative sales to drive market penetration for new and existing products and customer engagement
- Establish and drive a framework to plan and drive product launches and other key field events to ensure high return on investment and maximum impact; Identify areas to revise product marketing for more impactful sales and marketing, in areas where key competition exists
- Work closely with the Medical Division Head and HR team to finalize sales incentive plans to drive lead generation, on-time / correct deal closure, collections, etc.
- Scan the market of market/competitor trends, best practices in sales process, etc. to drive relevant practices within the Medical sales teams
- Ensure training to Sales Personnel and certification for readiness of Sales Discussion with customer.
- Review performance of every member of sales team and initiate PIP measures
- Review product sales performance, Region sales performance and initiate corrective measures to overcome challenges.
Medical Operations :
- Lead monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts to ensure successful and timely achievement of sales goals across all regions
- Leveraging information on current/historic market trends to maximize price realization along with Marketing Manager
- Program manage the Application team to generate solid leads for upgrade within the ibase
- Guide the sales and application teams to drive customer adoption; Enable increased usage of equipment in order to achieve annual licensing revenue target
- Lead periodic reviews with Regional Sales on the effectiveness of team efforts through win-loss reviews of deals to drive ongoing improvements
- Drive preventive / corrective actions for issues / escalations relating to Medical Device sales; Guide teams on crucial escalations to ensure appropriate resolution of issues
- Guide on brand specific awareness with the support of the Marketing Communications team; Guide creation and execution of periodic marketing interventions
- Drive discipline around usage of sales support technologies like CRM, SAP, Order processing, etc. to enable tracking and analysis of sales performance and develop corrective plans to address any gaps
- Lead analysis key performance metrics like revenues, win-loss, sales expense etc. to facilitate data-driven decision making
- Develop technical and functional proficiency within the Medical device (India) sales unit to ensure effective selling
- Drive systematic knowledge management and a continuous learning process to better enable the sales team to meet market and client needs
Stakeholder / Vendor Management :
- Develop / maintain excellent professional relationships with key prospective and existing customers to identify areas of improvement, new product opportunities, upgrades, etc.
- Liaise with Marketing communications team to drive creation of apt marketing collateral
- Nurture healthy relationships with the other Medical Sales teams to successfully fulfill turn-key deals requirements
- Liaise with different teams within the Medical division to ensure timely support for Medical Device team to close deals effectively
- Work closely with teams across divisions to identify opportunities for cross sell / joint GTM
- Collaborate with the Enabling functions to ensure smooth functioning of the team and adequate support to conduct business
- Drive the development of Manpower plans for the national sales team to ensure optimal staffing and drive productivity
- Mentor team members and provide timely feedback to drive robust performance management
- Drive the sales team's development by providing them opportunities like stretch goals/projects, training, coaching, etc.
- Motivate the sales team with monetary and non-monetary incentives, such as sales contests, commissions, public recognition, etc. to build a performance-based culture within the team
- Any graduation (B.E, B. Tech, B. Sc. - Preferred)
- MBA, Sales & Marketing specialization preferred
- 12 - 15 years of experience in Sales with experience of heading at least two or more regions
- 2+ years of experience in a leadership position, mandatory
- 5+ years of experience in the Hi-tech Medical Equipment Industry (preferred)