- Designation: Head - Group Finance Strategy
- Function: Finance and Accounts
- Location: Corporate Office -Mumbai
- Reporting Manager: Group CFO
Individual contributor role initially
- The incumbent will play a leadership role in the finance domain, leading the finance strategy, to develop long term and short-term strategic business plans and help business and other functions in execution.
- Participating in finance initiatives like legal / business structuring, evaluation, and monitoring of key projects to ensure maximum efficiency in operations and delivery. Drive processes, documentation and implementation across finance function and represent function in ERP implementation.
- Key Accountabilities/Activities:
- Actively contributing to a high-performance team environment, providing excellent service, and identifying improvement practices across finance.
- Initiate and complete strategic financial analysis and projects. Provide appropriate and reliable financial advice, recommendations, and expert technical interpretation
on complex strategic and operational matters; and demonstrate leadership when collaborating with others.
- Complete consolidated forecasts for internal and external users. Proactively engage with key stakeholders and ensure forecasts and budgets are integrated with capital
forecasts and all necessary budget cycles.
- Prepare, analyse, and review a variety of complex financial documents, reports and proposals including business cases, capital investment proposals, submissions,
briefing and discussion papers, ensuring comprehensiveness, accuracy and
- Proactively anticipate customer needs and tailor finance related communications to internal and external customers.
- Build and maintain appropriate financial data and analytical models to support robust data and information analysis, finance intelligence research, and undertake
advanced statistical and financial forecasting, scenario modelling and trends analysis. As required, manage, and support the capital planning and evaluations for business
- Build a strong policy and process base for all the financial processes and drive implementation / improvements of ERP system. Continuously monitor and review
finance policies, procedure, and guidance material for effective implementation of processes, ERP, ensuring alignment with corporate objectives and user-functionality.
- Take a lead, build, and foster strong relationships and maintain collaborative working relations with all Business, Functions with-in the organization and internal finance
functions for alignment with Organization objectives, anticipate customers' needs,identify strategic opportunities and to be supported in an integrated way.
- Provide proactive specialist support and governance services to related committees and proposers.
- Create, prepare and generate regular and ad-hoc reports and ensure inclusion of data in periodic financial reports in accordance with deadlines and/or statutory
requirements. Keep abreast of current and emerging trends, Government policy and statutory requirements to identify areas for fiscal and business improvements.
- Undertake reviews, financial modelling, and data analytics, of existing processes, systems and operating models to seek opportunities for improvement.
- Coordinate and collaborate closely within the Finance team ensuring financial activities and needs of the Organization are fully supported, aligned with strategic financial goals and initiatives, and that financial, reputational, and business risks are identified and minimized.
- Responsible for the definition of structure and execution of strategic initiatives through the development of work plans, gathering and generation of relevant data,driving analyses, and the development of actionable recommendations.
- Support the development of capital and revenue business cases from strategic outline to full business case delivery, through assessment of the financial and resource
implications of options being considered in support and delivery of laid down Medium Term Financial Strategy.
- Develop and implement opportunities for maximizing income opportunities across the organization.
Competencies Required for the role:
- Strong financial analysis and modeling skills
- Functional expertise including finance, para-legal, ERP, taxation
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Decision Making Skills
- Ability to work in high pressure environment
- CA or MBA (Finance) with 15 - 18 years of relevant experience