Team Lead - Data Science - BFSI
Our Client is one of the largest financial services company in India and is headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Providing analysis and feedback to supervisor and to product, policy, collections, fraud risk teams of the Bank, building scorecards to assess portfolio behaviors. ( credit risk management in wholesale banking)
Location - Mumbai / Bangalore / Delhi
Job Role - Team Lead Data Scientist
Job Responsibilities :
1) Scorecard Building and Modelling
- Managing a suite of products and / or function within the Analytics Team.
- Driving product risk strategy for the specific retail asset products of the Bank with the help of segmentation, statistical/financial models. Advanced models would need to be developed in partnership with statisticians / external vendors and with the relevant business units. Provide analytical and data support to the different teams within the retail lending space in the Bank, mainly Policy, Product, Collection and Fraud Units.
- Responsible for development and deployment of various scorecards / models for the Retail asset products of the Bank within the specified timelines. Ensure the deployment also is line with Bank's strategies so as to gain maximum efficiencies.
Model validation - the team lead is expected to own and minimize model risk by continuous monitoring of all credit risk models in use by the Bank.
2) Portfolio Monitoring
- To identify and closely monitor accounts which are in stress, in order to devise and implement account strategy
- Appropriate level of client calling to develop strong understanding of client business and industry dynamics
Desired Qualification and skills:
- Strong technical & analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Excel modeling skills.
- Expert knowledge in analyzing financial statements.
- Banking Product & Process Knowledge
- Understanding of accounting principles and Regulatory Knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of competition & current trends in financial Industry.