Jeeves, a YCombinator company, provides startups and SMBs with innovative banking infrastructure, credit cards and payment products to power their growth. We have raised $131M to build out this vision, from top VCs including Andreseen Horowitz, Y Combinator, Jaguar Ventures, Clocktower Ventures and tech founders like Nubank CEO David Velez, Kavak CEO Carlos Garcia, Rappi co-founder Sebastian Mejia, Bitso CEO Daniel Vogel and Loft CEO Florian Hagenbuch.
Our mission is to become the primary financing and software solution for underserved companies. We offer companies a true international corporate credit card, with the ability to pay back in their local currency. Since our inception we have grown exponentially by more than 8000% and we already count hundreds of global companies as clients including Bitso, Kavak, 99minutos, Justo, Flat, Runa, and Belvo.
As a remote-first global organization we’re committed to building a team as diverse as the companies we serve. We believe that:
- Change is a constant. We move quickly and we adapt. If not, we perish.
- We are a service oriented technology company. We are obsessed with customer service.
- Everyone is an owner. Own the outcome, not the process.
Experience in REST-based web service technologies, JSON and XML
- Experience with relational database systems (MySQL).
- Experience with NoSQL databases e.g. MongoDB, Redis, etc.
- Experience in using continuous integration, build, and collaboration tools (e.g. JIRA, Jenkins, Git/Gitlab/Github)
- Experience with Agile (Scrum) and test-driven development.
- Knowledge and application of design concepts like Design Patterns and Data Modeling.
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Exhibit strong ownership and ability to work in a global team environment
- Out-of-the-box thinker who would leverage their expertise to solve complex technical problems.
- Strong quality mindset: unit / functional / integration testing, writing testable code.
- 5+ years of commercial development experience using ExpressJS
- 5+ years of commercial development experience in NodeJS
- 3+ years of experience on AWS cloud development
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git