As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You'll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
You will be working as a Software Engineer in Corporate Technology in following capacity: -
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Work with Business, Architects and System Analysts to fully understand the business requirements and translate them into conceptual, Logical and Physical models
- Experienced and effective team member who typically is part of a team comprised of software engineers within the Product Development family
- Lead design reviews of data deliverables such as models, data flows, and data quality assessments
- Writing high-performance, reliable and maintainable code, refinement JIRA stories,
- Contributes towards Product software development team with strong technical focus on "building the right thing in the right way" to enable high quality solutions that meet customer's needs.
- Drives strategic initiatives; leverages firm wide best practices to develop solutions.
- Owns activities related to owning features of a Product platform, enhancing & maintenance its systems that which run one of the largest financial organization in the world.
- Responsibilities include help define product roadmap, build components/solutions & partners with key stakeholders to achieve these roadmaps against agile deliveries.
- Well versed with modern practices of agile, collaborative open source development to build scalable, resilient Cloud native solutions native
- Supports the development team to deliver items identified as priority by the Product Owner
- Designs, analyzes, develops, reviews, tests, debugs, delivers and supports software and / or new products
- Engages with technology and business leadership to evolve architectural principles and ensure alignment with technology solutions with these principles
- Provides technical leadership to deliver practical solutions with business value
Necessary Technology or Application Experience:
- Practical approach to software and technology. You code, deploy, integrate. You prove by doing.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven experience managing application development projects and coordinating clearly/concisely with the appropriate groups, i.e. SRE, other application development, etc.
- Proven ability to takes initiative and drive projects to closure and can operate in collaborative, team environment
- Demonstrated ability to be highly organized while multitasking
- Strong relationship building skills with the ability to represent the firm well with stakeholders. Sound conflict resolution & negotiation ability
- Attention to details and understanding of broader context
- Technological, Organizational and/or Operational change management. Partnership & broad Influence at senior levels and across the firm
- Ensures risk controls and compliance to departmental and companywide standards
- Experience with newer application development paradigms Event driven, Micro Services, Scalable & Self-healing systems. Exposure to one of major platform is a must Pivotal Cloud, AWS.
- Working experience on large-scale applications in an enterprise environment.
- 5+ years of application development, primarily JAVA and open source technologies & 2+ years of cloud based platforms.
- Hands on technologist with proven track record
- Full stack developer (JAVA)
- Minimum 3 - 5 years' experience building, Cloud native applications, versed with CI/CD toolsets
- JDK 11-16, Spring cloud, Spring boot, Moneta
- Event/Message driven architectures: KAFKA, Messaging, APIs REST, Microservices and integration
- Database: Cassandra, Oracle or MySQL
- Data Modeling: ERWIN, MagicDraw (very nice to have)
- BDD/TTD: Cucumber, Selenium, Jasmin/Karma, etc
- GIT/Bitbucket, Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, Hibernate
Experienced in Agile/SCRUM methodologies
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.