Python Spark Developer
Location: Bengaluru/Hyderabad, India
Job Category: Technology
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .
The Corporate Technology (CT) organization develops applications and provides technology support for corporate functions across JPMorgan Chase, including Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and all functions within the Corporate Administrative Office (CAO).
CT teams are aligned with corporate partners' evolving technology needs and the firm's ever expanding technology controls agenda.
- A top CT priority is building scalable corporate systems. Teams focus on:
- Responding to the evolving regulatory environment and helping to meet the firm's regulatory commitments by addressing internal and external commitments
- Advancing the firm's Roadmap programs - Single Sourcing of data, Architecture Convergence, and Rationalization of Platforms
- Adopting industry leading technologies to support best-in-class business capabilities for high performance computing and data storage solutions
- Driving innovation across the firm's corporate technology portfolio, increasing efficiencies through process automation, and Agile application development, with an emphasis on user experience and shorter development cycles
- Investing in security & controls for cyber, access/entitlements uplift, data protection and application resiliency
The Model Implementation team helps modelers to develop models and onboard them into production. Our activities include perform hands-on coding of production-ready Machine Learning scripts which implement Risk and Finance models, translate models into other programming languages, assist other teams in their coding, and create tools which validate data and which streamline the implementation process.
The Python/Spark Developer will be a hands-on technical member of the Model Implementatio n Project, and will work closely with the Model Design teams to get each model ready-for-production implementation. The candidate must be a talented python/ spark programmer and a pro-active problem solver. In addition, the candidate must exhibit a thorough understanding of model implementation, data structures, data manipulation, distributed processing, application development, and automation. The candidate must have a solid understanding of consumer financial products, data systems and data environments, and processes that are necessary for the implementation of Risk and Finance models.
The Python/Spark Developer will be a member of the teams that designs and develops robust automated solutions in partnership with Model Design teams and other stake-holder groups in Risk and Finance. The ideal candidate will possess strong technical skills and an understanding of data systems, and will execute the end-to-end implementation effort.
- Develop, test, and maintain data and analytics needed for risk , finance , marketing and operations models
- Process analysis and process improvement,
- Create and maintain technical documentation,
- Contribute to the group's knowledge base by finding new and valuable ways to approach problems and projects.
- Deliver high-quality results under tight deadlines
- Experience manipulating and summarizing large quantities of data.
- Exposure to Machine Learning techniques.
- Knowledge of the consumer lending lifecycle, including loan origination, sale/servicing, default management/loss mitigation
- Degree in computer science or a numerate subject (e.g. engineering, sciences, or mathematics) or Bachelor's degree with 6 years of experience, or Master's degree with 4 years of experience, or a Ph.D. and two years of experience.
- 3 to 5 years experience designing and developing in Pytho n / pyspark .
- 3 to 5 years experience in Hadoop Platform (Hive, HDFS and Spark)
- 3 to 5 years experience with Unix shell scripting
- 3 to 5 years experience with SQL
- 1 to 2 years experience with Machine Learning
- 5 + years' experience with version control tools and processes (Subversion, CVS, Clear Case etc.
- 3 + years' experience in programming additional languages, especially C++, R, SAS , Java, Scala
- Knowledge of Neural Networks and/or Tensorflow
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.