As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
- Passionate about building an innovative culture
- Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance, and software improvement
- You will participate in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed IT solution.
- You will participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations; incorporate security requirements into design; and provide input to information/data flow, and understand and comply to Project Life Cycle Methodology in all planning steps.
- You will also adhere to IT Control Policies throughout design, development and testing and incorporate Corporate Architectural Standards into application design specifications.
- You will document the detailed application specifications, translate technical requirements into programmed application modules and develop/Enhance software application modules.
- You will participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications; identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues; and review and provide feedback to the final user documentation
- Analyze, facilitate, model and organize information in order to elicit requirements, reconcile conflicts, and distinguish solution ideas from business needs
- Work with test team to ensure the testing results correspond to the business expectations
- Decompose high-level information into details and abstract up from low-level information to resolve solution vs. requirements conflicts • Distinguish key interactions and connectives among enterprise server-client technical solutions involving hardware, networks, security and applications
- Assist in project planning and tracking activities
- Assist in data discovery and analysis Qualification
Experience in Java Enterprise, Microservices using spring boot, Spring, Hibernate, Activiti BPM, Oracle, CI/CD processes, Unit test, mockito
- Exposure to Open Source technologies
- Knowledge of version and revision control practices and procedures
- Experience with the Financial Services industry
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment and handle multiple issues at one time
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Customer focus mindset
- Highly self-motivated
- Deep understanding of, and passion for, SDLC processes and automated tools, spanning requirements/issue management, defect tracking, source control, build automation, test automation and release management.
- Business Knowledge: •Working knowledge of financial services industry practices and/or loan originations is preferred
- Knowledge about mortgage banking and/or commercial lending is preferred • Regulatory and compliance background a plus
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.