As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
- Passionate about building an innovative culture
- Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance, and software improvement
- 6 to 10 years of experience in the IT industry
- Technically strong on Java/J2EE - SpringBoot, RESTful API, Angular
- Sound knowledge and hands-on experience on one or more programming / scripting languages.
- Expertise on various SCM, build and deployment tools (CI/CD), code scanning and testing tools
- Experience of implementing Agile methodologies and best practices for efficient delivery of applications
- Proficient in collaborating with various teams and stakeholders with strong customer-focus mindset
- Expert with great innovative and design skills to automate any repetitive and manual tasks
- Experience in project-based and team-focused working practices
- Continue to look for opportunities to deliver beyond client expectations
- Proactively keep manager and team members informed of status, issues, and risks including key dependencies and timeline / schedule impacts
- Innovate and proactively look for ways to improve processes & procedures and identify/recommend new ideas for process improvement
- Core Java, J2EE, Maven, GIT, JUnit Testing, Web Services
- Micro Services
- Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Data JPA/Hibernate, Spring Security
- Design Patterns
- Agile/Kanban Process
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Self Starter & Highly Self-Motivated
- Able to work independently as well as part of diverse team
- Work collaboratively with software professionals & infrastructure teams
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies
- Ensure adherence to architecture standards, risk management and security policies.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- A proactive approach to problem solving and decision making
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.