The Financial Control function is primarily focused on ensuring the accuracy, integrity and timeliness of the firm's books and records, with an emphasis on general ledger, operating systems and infrastructure controls across the entire lifecycle of the business. Some of the most common functions and activities that are owned by Financial Controllers are balance sheet reconciliation / certification, balance sheet substantiation and GLRS reporting & governance, inter-entity control & governance, manual accounting / bookings to the GL and operating systems and the month end close process & coordination.
Ensure the accuracy and validity of line of business general ledger accounts, including adherence to the firmwide General Ledger Reconciliation & Substantiation (GLRS) standards
- Ensure adherence to P&L and Balance Sheet controls owned by Financial Control, including identifying and implementing opportunities for efficiency
- Analyze, communicate, and resolve material variances between the general ledger and upstream systems, as defined by line of business
Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Excellent desktop/spreadsheet/database skills
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Basic understanding of securities and derivatives products
- Comfortable liaising with business and risk managers
- Able to build and maintain partnerships within the various product aligned businesses and across other corporate financial, treasury, and accounting groups
- Able to understand business drivers and requirements, and influence middle and front office partners to deliver solutions to business issues and problems
- Strong analytical skills: Ability to quickly understand workings of a complex processing system and general ledger systems across the infrastructure and their interrelationships and dependencies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to multi-task in a constantly changing environment
- Able to critically challenge with the goal of identifying control issues
- Existing relationships and networks within the firm's IB community an advantage
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.