Analyst - Finance and Treasury/CIO Chief Data Office - Asset Class Data Management Team
The Finance Data Management Office is responsible for providing fit for purpose data required by Corporate Finance and driving data governance and policy adherence to the Firmwide Data Management standards and capabilities.
The Finance Chief Data Office is looking for an Analyst level candidate who will be part of a high performing team of data management professionals focused on delivering innovative data management solutions to Corporate Finance stakeholders. Asset class data team members are aligned by product(s) and focused on the delivery of data management capabilities driven by GF&BM projects, Firmwide Data Management Critical Business Initiatives, and Corporate Finance stakeholder BAU data needs.
- Partner with senior stakeholders (i.e., Asset Class Controllers, Product Controllers, FERCs, and P&A) and Finance CDO leadership team to support the delivery the following data capabilities for a prioritized book of product-aligned work
- Data Requirements - Drive provisioning of fit-for-purpose data by working with consumers to identify data requirements; enhance data consistency through definition of business terms and alignment of data providers to agreed upon business terms; maintain alignment between business terms and data requirements documentation/metadata
- Data Sourcing - Identify authoritative sources of data based upon data requirements for on-boarding to Corporate Finance architecture; support FFBA Product Owners in demand prioritization and grooming sessions
- Data Quality - Facilitate resolution and oversight of the book of data quality issues and data sourcing gaps; ensure issues are clearly understood for prioritization and resolution and linkage to all necessary metadata (i.e., adjustments, demand, technology jiras); support roll-out of Data Content Owner strategy
- Data Quality Controls - Ensure data integrity by identifying and overseeing implementation of data quality controls within Corporate Finance applications and upstream LOB applications
- Data Landscape - Engage with Corporate Technology to clearly describe data across its lifecycle for a common view and language across Finance and the Firm enabling data lineage from point of consumption back to point of origin
- Support Finance CDO leadership team in preparing for Finance forums to communication status of work, drive framing and rollout of CDO strategy, and advise on overall data health
- 3+ years of project experience required, with particular focus in the data space highly preferred
- Strong core finance technical skills and solid understanding of finance processes, infrastructure and systems
- Strong hands on in MS excel for data analysis, SQL or any database query language
- Subject Matter Expertise of Trading Book or Banking products preferred (e.g., Derivatives, Securities, Wholesale & Consumer Lending, Wholesale & Consumer Deposits, Cash)
- Attention to detail, juggle multiple priorities and thrive in a varied, fast-paced environment
- Able to communicate effectively, drive consensus, and influence relationships at all levels
- Proven ability to lead across LOBs/Functions and geographies and with implementing organizational change; strong interpersonal skills
- Able to work well under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; sound judgment
- Bachelor's degree required
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.