The Financial Analysis and Controllers
groups within the Office of the CFO
provide financial & business information and insights across a range of key deliverables inclusive of monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc financial reporting, budgeting & forecasting and capital stress testing, macroeconomic scenario design and execution, and the business development of our financial infrastructure. Further, the Financial Analysis and Controllers groups represent the Firmwide view and also each of the 5 lines of business within the company including Consumer & Community Banking, Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, and Corporate.
The Finance & Business Management (F&BM) Transformation
group partners with Financial Analysis and Controllers to build scalable, end-to-end process solutions that optimize the use of financial data assets, drive improvement in human capital productivity, advance platform capabilities & efficiency, maximize user self-service options, and exhibit robust controls while at the same time we develop and manage skills of the future development programs and actively engage colleagues across the F&BM organization to upskill as required to successfully evolve technical solutions over a long-term horizon.
Our purpose is to innovate, deliver and/or apply solutions to problems, and drive sustainable change
and we are looking to add new team members that can bring a unique blend of business (bank financials) and technical (automation tools, coding) knowledge & skills to turbo-charge our change management agenda. Join our team and transform the way we work to make a difference.
The MIS Transformation team leads initiatives across Global Finance with a focus streamlining the data landscape and enabling self-service analytics within Planning & Analysis function. The team will be creating a centralized reporting database and infrastructure to facilitate secure data distribution to BI tools such as Tableau and Alteryx as well as creating impactful visualizations and new analytic capabilities through the use of custom web and cloud based technologies such as React, D3, and AWS.
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain new solutions to promote the goals of the team to increase productivity across the finance organization
- Have strong analytical and problem solving skills and be able to apply them to a given situation
- Research new technologies and libraries to review possible benefits to the team
- Be highly self-motivated to advance current projects with minimal oversight
- Able to collaborate with both business and technical colleagues to build a solution that fits the client's needs in the most efficient manner
- Translate business needs into technical requirements
- Create executive-level readouts and status updates to be provided to clients and senior management
- Manage projects by tracking and monitoring progress, risks, and issues; be able to report on status and recommend corrective actions to ensure successful project completion
- Partner with peers on the CoE team to provide planning and implementation support.
- Support various ad-hoc activities
- Bachelor's degree, with a focus on BIS, MIS, computer science, or another quantitative field.
- More extensive front-end frameworks such as React, Angular, or Vue.js are a plus
- Building APIs to send and receive data from a front-end application using frameworks such as Flask, Django, or ASP.NET Core
- Manipulating and transforming data with Python using libraries like Pandas and NumPy are a plus
- Querying relational databases and a strong understanding of data modeling concepts
- Understanding of data visualization libraries (i.e. D3 or Chart.js) to dynamically show data in real time environments
- Knowledge of OAuth2 and JSON Web Tokens (JWT) for authentication
- Ability to wear multiple hats and quickly pivot between roles and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate an eagerness to learn and tackle difficult challenges
- Excellent multi-tasking, prioritization, and presentation skills
- Knowledge of agile methodologies and SDLC.
- Delivery oriented, conscientious and reliable; strong written and verbal communication
- Data wrangling tools (e.g. Alteryx, Pentaho) and / or visualization (e.g. Tableau, Qlikview, Spotfire) a plus
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.