is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world's most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries.
Derivative Operations provides operational support across the CIB covering eight key product areas including FX, OTC Derivatives, Collateral Principal, 3rd Party Derivatives, Cleared Derivatives, Agency Collateral, Billing and CASS with ~1,900 employees. Services provided to our Businesses include:
- Transaction Processing, Confirmation, Settlement and Clearing, Collateral Management, Client Service, Invoicing and CASS Support
- Typical daily activity includes settling in excess of $217B via FX trading, leading a Markets OTC portfolio of 2.5M trades, servicing >200 3rd party clients, performing 10,000 margin calls, processing 470k cleared and intermediated trades and producing >9,000 invoices
primary functions supported covered by the 200+ strong group include; Payment processing and controls, confirmation drafting issuance and matching, client service, economic affirmation, onboarding to electronic platforms, client money novation, regulatory governance and change management.
- Service over 60,000 clients with over 400,000 discrete accounts
- Manage payments to 135 different countries, Transact in 113 different currencies, out of 35 JPM entities
- Manage > $2Trn of gross settlements on 500,000 transactions, in over 100 different products daily
- Direct businesses supported generate >$4Bn of annual revenue
Happy to talk flexible working.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Identify opportunities for improving process flow and quality as seen by the customer.
- Perform processing functions with minimum supervision and resolve client queries
- Participate in the rotation of functions with the objective of improving the process flows
- Assist in the training/education of junior staff in job functions/procedures relating to the unit.
- Process any required back-up tasks relating to production, identifying ways to improve current working practices.
- To learn and understand, all processing functions within the unit, ensuring all relevant deadlines and stipulated controls are met.
- To ensure transactions are processed in accordance with document procedures
- To be instrumental in identifying system faults/enhancements and be involved in any system implementations from a user viewpoint.
Skills and Qualifications
- Good working knowledge of MS office, decent typing skills required.
- Communication - Is organized, clear and confident in written and oral communications. Actively engages in discussions offering expertise, opinions and advice.
- Teamwork - Creates and/or contributes to an environment of collaboration and mutual responsibility (e.g. effectively influences others to gain cooperation and address issues; initiates and is responsive to requests from other products, regions, etc.)
- Graduate/Degree in Commerce, Science or BMS .
- Prior experience in the Financial services industry.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.