603 - Business Operations Manager - Know your Customer Operations (KYC)
Know Your Customer (KYC) Operations, under Consumer and Community Banking Operations, supports the firm by providing operational support for the enforcement, adherence, and compliance of KYC/CIP standards. We service Retail, Commercial and Small business banking customers.
Know Your Customer (KYC) Operations consists of the following functions:
- Day 2 Operations
- Due Diligence
- Customer Data Accuracy Program (CDAP)
- Quality Control
- Business Reporting & Analytics
The individual will be responsible for leading and managing the execution of key strategic and often cross-functional initiatives for the CDAP function. The role will require working with business partners, internal teams on process improvements and will partner with Technology to support Transformation initiatives around data quality and governance.
This individual s upports CDAP process with Risk & control management requirements, Business Controls, Operations Control related to Action Plans and providing Business oversight & Leadership to the CDAP function from an end to end perspective.
- The individual will be an end to end manager for CDAP function. Will require to understand the regulatory requirements associated with maintaining a strong SSN data quality for our Consumer Banking Customers
- Manage the Risk and Control requirements from an Operations perspective for the CDAP process
- Have a clear visibility of the process needs and take ownership of the CDAP action plans, work with technology, Business Control and Operations Control to deliver the Action Plan related action items on time
- This individual will work closely with Fraud Risk teams and CCB Data quality groups to govern and transform the CDAP function over a period and contribute to the overall transformation book of work. Will work very closely with the Ops teams to be on top of all technology requirements, share SME expertise in building and strengthening the knowledge within the Ops groups
- Leverages metrics and dashboards to identify and predict potential issues and gaps within the process and proactively address them
- Delivers a strong control governance, audit readiness and audit facilitation model working along with US site Control partners
- Proactively identifies Control gaps based on reviews in various forums and partner with Operations leads to recommend solutions
- Supports Business/Site leader with tracking key efforts, governing key action items and deliverables and coordinate for effective follow up and closure
- Be an effective informed back up for Business Lead to address and attend various forums and ensure smooth communication and leadership effectiveness
- Partner with Operations and Reporting teams to achieve common Business goals.
- Provide leadership oversight and own CDAP process deliverables end to end
- Leverage existing knowledge and expertise within the team to deliver a futuristic automated operations model in CDAP
- Continue to nurture and strengthen strong partner relationship with both US and Bengaluru sites colleagues through active Leadership and comradery
- Progressive experience in leading and managing projects and/or key deliverables
- Ability to think, suggest and implement strategic transformational initiatives
- Proven record of collaborating with business partners and influencing change
- Action oriented with a focus on results and ability to assess and clearly articulate complex ideas and possess creativity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation development and delivery skills
- Demonstrates excellent time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrates high leadership skills and flexibility
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to navigate tight deadlines, organize and prioritize work
- Make independent judgements and decisions that are effective and well-grounded based on guidelines, policies, and insights
- Provide influencing and leadership support for the end-to-end execution of the Control Self-Assessment process, including control breaks and resolutions, to reduce financial loss, regulatory exposure, and reputational risk
- Proven results about driving improved customer experience and quality through implementation of strong controls, process reengineering, best practices, and self-assessment frameworks
- Specialized functional or technical knowledge that allows for independent thought and action on important department activities
- Bachelor's degree with strong Banking Operations and Control knowledge. Accounting or Finance preferred.
- 18+ years of experience in financial services industry with background in Operations, Business analysis, process mapping, and process re-engineering preferred
- Prior KYC experience/background in retail industry and AML SME skillset preferred
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy - proven ability to produce quality results timely
- Demonstrated experience in leading projects and/or initiatives
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and multi-task, strong organization skills
- Experience in production, process improvement, process mapping, risk, controls and/or project management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - ability to summarize findings into concise high-level points geared toward the audience
- Strong issue resolution skills
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills (e.g., Excel and Access)
Candidates should be flexible to work in night shifts (timings might vary according to process requirements)
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America's households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans