J.P. Morgan Asset Management is a leading manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match.
Clear focus on managing client assets and delivering strong risk-adjusted returns.
- Investment professionals providing strategies spanning the full spectrum of asset classes, including equity, fixed income, cash liquidity, currency, real estate, hedge funds and private equity.
Global Reporting & Publishing Team forms part of Global Investment Management Client Service group within JP Morgan Asset Management. The team supports Global Sales and Marketing teams, Client Account Managers and Products teams in delivering first class service to our clients across all product groups and strategies for global institutional investor and funds.
Key responsibilities include:
Prepare and deliver all assigned bespoke customized and automated client and fund reports and other assigned tasks with highest accuracy and in a timely manner through the use of reporting tools and procedures
- Produce and deliver periodic marketing materials, fund factsheets and other fund documents
- Provide support for regulatory reporting, including MIFID, KIID and likewise
- Liaise with various groups like client portfolio managers, account managers, sales teams and technology partners to gather required information for production and/or enhancements
- Respond to client queries in timely fashion by partnering with respective stakeholders wherever required
- Maintain group mailbox, trackers and assist with MIS reporting
- Assist training to junior colleagues where relevant
- Assisting other team members with various tasks, including reviews of the tasks completed
- Maintain operating procedures for all activities
- Maintain control over accesses across different tools, shared drives and other material including user tools
- Adhere to company's code of conduct as well as complete all mandatory trainings
- Develop domain expertise across all functions within the team by continuous up-skilling through in-person and online trainings
- Support all aspects improvement of the Reporting processes, including opportunities to build efficiency and enhanced control measures
Personal attributes required:
Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and efficient manner with multiple teams and stakeholders
- Assisting the team in maintaining existing reporting procedures, tools and workflows necessary to facilitate the process
- Outstanding accuracy and attention to detail
- Maintaining a high level of competency when reviewing data and reports, and quickly identifying both data and format issues
- Partner with technology and perform UAT testing for any of the new enhancements and work on the project cycle
- Organization, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Ability to work collaboratively with local and global teams, as well as on own initiative; sensitivity to different cultures and working styles
- Need to be a self-starter, creative and be able to prioritize key tasks effectively
Graduate with 4-5 years of experience / Post graduate with 2-3 years of experience
- CFA pursuant would have a distinct advantage
- Investment accounting knowledge and/or regulatory experience would be advantageous
- Understanding of the asset management business, various asset classes and investment products is desirable
- Ability to quickly gain broad knowledge of the range of assigned JPMAM investment products, in order to succeed in the role
- Financial market awareness and understanding of basic financial concepts
- Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Adobe Acrobat and Outlook skills (intermediate/advanced)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; excellent writing skills in English
- Outstanding numeracy/quantitative skills
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.