JP Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. We serve four distinct client groups through three businesses: institutions and retail clients through J.P. Morgan Asset Management; ultra-high net worth clients through the Private Bank; and high net worth clients through Private Wealth Management. With assets under supervision of $1.5 trillion and assets under management of $1.1 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world. We are looking for a highly talented individual to contribute to the development of large scale applications, delivered globally
As an Applications Developer, you will participate in all facets of the development cycle for JPMAAM's Performance Measurement and Attribution application. This includes design, analysis, development, coding, testing and documentation. You will partner closely with business partners and the broader JPMAAM technology team. You will ensure your work products adhere to coding, architectural, and security standards as defined throughout Asset Management. A successful candidate must have relevant Java and web development experience.
- Being a self-starter, able to take initiative and drive a program independently
- Provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs
- Utilize agile methodologies and adhere to coding standards, procedures and techniques while contributing to the technical code documentation
- Participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects concurrently
- Design, develop, code, test, debug and document
- Work closely with clients to identify and specify complex business requirements and processes
- Research and evaluate solutions and make recommendations.
- Expertise in Test Driven Development/ Behavior Driven Development
- Continuous integration, build and automated deployment
- Refactoring, clean code, code reviews and mentoring
- Building real and lasting relationships with your team and extended partners
You have demonstrated experience with:
- Bachelor's Degree in an engineering field with 8+ years experience in Core Java and J2EE technologies
- Prior experience working at a large tier global financial institution.
- Knowledge of Trading systems and Financial Services, with an emphasis on the buy side.
- Demonstrated analytical techniques and ability to make recommendations to technical and program leadership to improve the product, process or technology and present ideas clearly and concisely.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex issues in an easy to understand manner.
- Creative problem solver and solution developer when presented with conflicting requirements, business demands and technical risks/issues.
- Strong background on Java, Frameworks (Spring Boot), iBatis , REST Services, JMS,
- Experience with Micro Service Architecture and cloud native app development
- Experienced on SQL, Databases, Stored Procedures (Sybase , Oracle, MS-SQL Server)
- Experience with web services
- Demonstrates technology and team leadership
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Expert problem solving and analytic skills
- Desirable but not essential: Knowledge of NoSql technologies (e.g. Hbase, Cassandra, Hadoop)
- Desirable but not essential: Cloud Foundry or AWS, MicroServices, SOA, MQ/JMS, Jenkins; Continuous Integration/Deployment
Preferred skills :
- Experience with building and supporting internet based client facing financial platforms at a large financial institution.
- Experience in R.
- Understanding of the Private Banking business
- Understanding of Equities, Fixed Income, Mutual Funds, Derivatives, and FX, and Alternative Investment products
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.