As a Project Manager, you'll participate in projects and provide support for various initiatives and any associated business transformation projects. You may be involved in multiple projects or initiatives, working across the whole project lifecycle, researching new projects, business process changes, configuration changes or system modifications. Through strong partnership with Business, Operations and Technology counterparts, you'll work on project deliverables. Primary areas of focus include eliciting project or initiative requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
Gather/analyze complex data and develop accurate conclusions with sufficient comprehension of the business to understand risk implications
- Understand user experience to aid support in defect troubleshooting
- Facilitate forums to address the priority of reported enhancements and defects
- Evaluate existing project management processes and look for areas of improvement
- Assist with change management as new features are delivered through systematic integrations
3-5 years of experience and proven ability to gather/analyze complex data and develop accurate conclusions with sufficient comprehension of the business to understand risk implications
- Strong knowledge of JIRA
- Strong project and process management skills. Familiarity with Agile and Waterfall project delivery
- Innovative, forward thinker with appreciation of control and regulatory considerations
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution required
- Team player that works well with others and can easily adapt to constant changing and dynamic environments
- Highly disciplined, self-motivated, and delivery-focused with ability to work independently
- Ability to positively influence change and maintain a positive change management environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate/Advanced experience using Microsoft Office, including Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of business process reengineering; ability to capture "As Is", "Should Be", and "Could Be" flows
- Demonstrated track record of collaborating with technology to deliver impactful results that differentiate client and employee experience, meet or exceed business needs, and greatly improve operational capabilities
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.