You're ready to gain the skills and experience needed to grow within your role and advance your career - and we have the perfect software engineering opportunity for you.
As a Software Engineer II at JPMorgan Chase, you are part of Consumer & Community Banking, Cards agile team that works to enhance, design, and deliver the software components of the firm's state-of-the-art technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. As an emerging member of a software engineering team, you execute software solutions through the design, development, and technical troubleshooting of multiple components within a technical product, application, or system, while gaining the skills and experience needed to grow within your role.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Executes standard software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting
- Writes secure and high-quality code using the syntax of at least one programming language with limited guidance
- Designs, develops, codes, and troubleshoots with consideration of upstream and downstream systems and technical implications
- Applies knowledge of tools within the Software Development Life Cycle toolchain to improve the value realized by automation
- Applies technical troubleshooting to break down solutions and solve technical problems of basic complexity
- Gathers, analyzes, and draws conclusions from large, diverse data sets to identify problems and contribute to decision-making in service of secure, stable application development
- Learns and applies system processes, methodologies, and skills for the development of secure, stable code and systems
BE/BTECH degree or equivalent experience
At least 2+ years of hands on software development experience
Proficiency in Data Analytics tools e.g. Power BI, Tableau, Alteryx.
Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
Passionate about building an innovative culture
Good analytical and technical problem-solving skills
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
Familiarity with modern front-end technologies
Exposure to cloud technologies. Familiar with one or more general purpose programming languages Java, Python
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.