JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:
JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services and partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner.
Sustained Engineering (SE) focuses on the end-to-end engineering and operations of our critical systems and products as well as production management activities, including incident, problem, change and crisis management processes, and asset lifecycle management. Sustained Engineering provides global coordinated diagnostic and support services, while its production assurance and support functions leverage and execute industry leading infrastructure management and support processes that are designed to minimize customer outages and impacts.
ETS (Electronic Trading Services) is a highly specialized, end-to-end service family tailored to the CIB's (Corporate Investment Bank's) electronic trading business, and sits in the GTI SE organization. ETS has established itself as a proactive, nimble, and innovative infrastructure services organization with best-in-class execution and reliability. We are passionate about our customers, and we strive to stay in the forefront of the GTI transformation into a software defined delivery organization.
The ETS SRE Network Operations Engineer will be a key resource in the ETS Network Operations organization, responsible for the monitoring of the network infrastructure that supports all Electronic Trading Services across the globe. The Network Operations Engineer will insure that all network equipment adhere to JPMC Enterprise standards as well as additional standards driven by the specialization associated with electronic trading & colocation environments. Their role will also include to take part in incident calls to assist with the troubleshooting of issues that may require their expertise. Finally the Network Operations Engineer will be responsible for the planning, the execution as well as the validation of all changes involving the ETS network infrastructure.
The duties of the ETS SRE Network Operations Engineer include:
o Use of monitoring tools to keep eye on glass on all network equipment
o Acknowledge promptly any alarms that are present in the dashboard
o Investigate any subsequent issues and engage vendors where necessary for their advice as well as notify all stakeholders
o Insure al unclosed incidents are properly handed over to the next oncall team
o Participate in a week end on call rota once every few months
o Take part of live incident calls to help troubleshoot problem at hand
o Analyse information given on calls to help steer the troubleshooting exercise
o Check the network for possible issues based on information gathered
o Keep all interested parties informed with timely and concise updates
o Close all incidents tickets promptly when resolved
o Prepare weekly changes for tickets assigned during team meetings. This would include vendor and stakeholders' engagements to gather detailed list of requirements and deep dive analysis for the good execution of the change.
o Ensure all impacted parties are kept informed of the change preparation as well as projects progresses
o Always liaise with Engineering team to ensure standards are met
- Deep knowledge of network technologies, including troubleshooting of latency and availability issues in a complex global WAN environment
- Experience with network automation tools and techniques, such as Ansible, SaltStack, or similar
- Comfort with developing tools to solve problems, from small one-off scripts to complex automation solutions in a network setting.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of basic and advanced concepts in the fields of:
- Network processor (ASIC, FPGA, GPU, etc.) architecture
- Network system architecture (Processor, ASIC capabilities, physical port specifications, packet forwarding protocols, buffers, tuning/tweaking, etc.)
- Relevant network device operating systems (Cisco, Arista, CheckPoint, Juniper, etc.)
- Network architecture and protocols (TCP/IP, Security, Routing, HTTP/HTTPS, VPNs, load-balancing, LAN vs. MAN vs. WAN, disparate Layer 1 technologies, etc.)
- Front office trading flows (orders, acks, fills, cancels, etc.)
- Middle and back office trading flows (intraday alpha calcs, EOD alpha calcs, drop copies, reporting, etc.)
- The requirements and unique constraints associated with networking in high frequency/low latency trading environments
- Latency monitoring concepts and relevant industry solutions (Corvil, Correlix, etc.)
- University Degree (Bachelors or Masters) or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 10 years specializing in networking
- Minimum 5 years experience in an IT role at a Commercial or Investment Bank
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and time management skills
- Team player adept at collaborating with internal & external parties to develop ideal solution for the business
- Strong decision maker, with transparent & timely communication & follow-up
- Excellent listening, writing, speaking, presentation and facilitation skills
- Flexible, hands on and able to work in a fast paced, high pressure, client-focused and collaborative environmentJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.