Vice President - Software Engineering - Java
Description : Internal Description
- The Small and Mid-Sized Business (SMB) and Business to Consumer (B2C) Marketplaces Technology Team in Wholesale Payments is focused on providing innovative banking solutions that will accelerate financial digitization and facilitate the growth and operational efficiency of small businesses, marketplaces and gig economies as well as serve as a catalyst for the financial recovery and growth of small and medium businesses globally.
- JP Morgan Chase processes trillions of dollars a day and settles some of the most critical global financial transactions. We are passionate advocates for delivering software solutions that create real and measurable business value. We value creative innovators who are analytical thinkers with a bias for action that solves problems. We use design thinking and agile processes to ensure that what we buildaligns with the market's rapidly evolving expectations.
- When you join us, you will be part of a global team of inspiring and curious technologists that are dedicated to modern software delivery processes like continuous delivery, operational visibility and automation. In addition to your strong technical expertise, you will be expected to speak up when you see opportunities forimprovement as well as engage in active learning to keep your skills fresh.
- As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices.
- You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning.
- You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
What we do everyday matters to the individuals, small businesses and companies that we serve.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including :
- Significant experience working as a hands-on Java Software Engineering Lead
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Expertise in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
- Can lead Agile feature teams
- Working closely with analysts, testers and key business partners for effective delivery and testing
- Providing guidance to feature teams while breaking down complex stories into wellunderstood and achievable tasks
- Design, develop, code, test, debug and document applications to satisfy requirements
- Produce high quality code utilizing Test Driven Development techniques
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- Ability to lead a global team and interact with business users and senior management
- Proficiency in JAVA/J2EE, frameworks, database and ETL tools
Tech Stack and Essential skills :
- Excellent Core Java versed in Java 1.8 and above
- Spring Boot
- Apache Tomcat
- REST or RPC, microservice based architectures
- JSON, JS
- 12 factor build
- SQL/relational datamodels with experience in Cassandra, Cockroach and noSQLstructure a plus.,
- CI/CD - Git, Jenkins, Pipelines
Desirable (but not essential) : AEM (Content Management), Kafka, AMPs, HAProxy, Grafana, Prometheus, Geneos, Kibana, Dynatrace, Jaeger, OpenTelemetry, Zipkin, Sleuth, Splunk, Groovy, Gemfire,Hazelcast, GoldenGate or other replication
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Note : For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the company's redirected page of this job. Please make sure you apply on the redirected page as well.