CIB R&A - GRC - Economic Data Analyst
Description : Economic Research - Data Analyst/Analyst
Found this job inappropriate? Report to us
J.P. Morgan's Global Research Center (GRC) was set up in Mumbai in August 2003 as an extension of the firm's global equity research teams around the world. GRC has grown steadily and the team of analysts has expanded to provide coverage for the key sectors globally. Besides working with J.P. Morgan's equity research teams, GRC Analysts are now engaged with other areas of public side research including fixed income research, strategy, derivatives, commodities, quant and indices.
The Economic team is responsible for the production, management and expansion of the macroeconomic database that is used globally for research and analysis. The system currently parses and almost 4 million time-series from over 200 sources globally
We are looking for a dynamic, energetic individual with strong attention to detail and multi-tasking ability to assist in macroeconomic data management. A successful candidate will be highly organized, proactive and flexible; possess keen attention to detail and have strong communication skills. The individual will take ownership of the data and function as the point of contact in the time zone.
- Update and maintain JPM economic database which is being used by global economists and other internal and external users.
- Work with JPM Economists on building macroeconomic forecast sheets and updating the same in the database on a regular basis.
- Liaise with the development team in maintaining the existing database as well as adding new surveys for automation using python scripts.
- Respond to internal and external data-related queries in a timely manner.
- Contact sources of economic time series data and ensure we are legally entitled to receive and redistribute data. Contact is mostly by email and phone, but could also be fax and internet mail.
- Offer up ideas and generally be part of the team in all aspects of the job, where the applicant is encouraged to be as creative as possible.
- Be involved in testing and running queries, using both the GUI and writing SQLs directly to the database.
- Identify opportunities to optimize, speed up and improve consistency of data collection across the 1,200 individual surveys picked up from external sources.
- Learn derivation techniques to continue the team's work on 'JPM derived series', which are added-value time-series compiled for users and clients.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Qualifications :
- Bachelors / Master's degree preferably in Economics, Finance, Technology, or related disciplines
- Detail Oriented
- Highly motivated team player with exceptional organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Prior working experience on Advanced Microsoft Excel, VBA and SQL.
- Problem-solving ability and general understanding of databases
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
J.P. Morgan's Global Research Center (GRC) provides a challenging work environment and excellent opportunities to learn and grow both at the GRC and in the Firm's global network.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Note : For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the company's redirected page of this job. Please make sure you apply on the redirected page as well.