WADU - Insights team - Data Analyst 601/602
The Workforce Activity Data Utility ('WADU') is part of the Chief Administration Office's Strategic Initiatives organization ('CSI'). CSI includes a portfolio of cross-LOB initiatives supporting the Global Operations agenda of the Firm. WADU is at the forefront of data driven decision making and is focused on building out a new firm-wide capability that unlocks the potential of our Workforce Activity data to enhance our strategic and investment decisions. It is used firm-wide for numerous different use cases.
- The WADU Insights team is fundamental to its success. The team's primary role is to help in management decision making by using the workforce analytics data. We understand the critical need to represent the facts and insights to the Sr. Management with integrity, confidence and in an unbiased way and so the team will also have a secondary responsibility for ensuring the data is of highest quality. We value thought leadership, creativity, and logical thinking. Most of all we value team membership.
- As a team we are responsible for the end to end data journey, from sourcing of new data feeds, ingestion, data quality assurance and constantly coming up with creative solutions to streamline and improve at every step. We also are critical in determining the useability of data and how it relates to client driven user cases.
- The Data team within the Utility is looking for an energetic and driven Data Analyst to join an exciting new opportunity. We need people that can think outside the box, are diligent and curious; and want to get it right.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Understand that good data is foundational
- Supporting the process by Cleansing and refreshing the master data, Detect Anomalies, engineer new features, build and maintain data models.
- Working on a continuous process for checking the accuracy, consistency, conformity, completeness of data.
- Evaluate current user cases, conduct gap analysis and identify opportunities for future product development.
- Having an innovation mindset, looking at the life cycle of the product from ideation & prototyping through to the translation of requirements to our technology team.
- Partners with our client engagement teams to ensure our end users are getting the maximum value out of our analytics and insights.
- Self-starter with ability to manage own workload and deliverables.
- 3+ years of experience in a Data or Business Analytics related role.
- A passion for data and statistical tools and techniques used in generating insights from Data.
- Team player.
- Prior experience in Data Cleansing, Data Visualization, Creating and maintaining Statistical Models, Engineering Features, Detecting Anomalies.
- Good to have experience in using Descriptive Analytical techniques, Clustering, Dimensionality Reduction techniques, Regression Analysis to answer management queries.
- Experience around data tools like R, Python, SQL, Hue, Alteryx, Excel, Tableau, Qlikview.
- Innovative and has the ability to structure and scope complex problems; team-oriented nature with clear ownership mentality.
- Strong problem-solving aptitude, very strong analytical skills and idea generation, with the ability to go from conceptualization to execution. Curious. Independent Thinker.
- Excellent oral and written executive-level communication and presentation skills. Must have the ability to present the findings from Data to a predominantly non-Data audience.
- Effective organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and confidently across multiple aspects of the organization at all levels; confidence in communicating with management.
- All internal moves will normally take place on the same grade and same salary. Salaries are reviewed annually in February.
- Exceptions to the rule regarding transfer on current salary may include a move between geographic locations.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Note : For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the company's redirected page of this job. Please make sure you apply on the redirected page as well.