Invest India is the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency, constituted under the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry. As the national investment promotion and facilitation agency, Invest India focuses on sector-specific investor targeting and development of new partnerships to enable sustainable investments in India. In addition to a core team that focuses on sustainable investments, Invest India partners with substantial investment promotion agencies and multilateral organizations. Invest India also actively works with Indian states /UTs to build capacity as well as bring in global best practices in investment targeting, promotion, and facilitation areas.
Under the sectoral team of Animal Husbandry and Dairying - Invest India, we are looking to hire an Associate/Consultant/Assistant Manager who will be the supporting the team for various activities as stated below.
The selected candidate will be responsible for assisting the team to execute the strategy for promoting investments in animal husbandry, animal health, dairy, and allied sectors. Invest India has a dedicated Investor Facilitation Desk with Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying (DAHD), Government of India for handholding both domestic and foreign investors for doing business in India. S/he will be closely working with stakeholders in the Department of Animal Husbandry & Dairying (DAHD), Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI), Indian Veterinary Association (IVA) , and other concerned ministries / departments, industry associations, private companies etc. for promotion and facilitation of investments into these sectors. S/he will report to the Team lead of the Animal Husbandry and Dairying desk.
The roles and responsibilities of the team member would be to:
- Lead the engagement with multiple stakeholders including Ministries/Departments, State Governments, Quasi-Government Agencies, PSUs, Investors, and Private Promoters/Investors.
- Managing activities related to Project Development Cell of DAHD (Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying
- Work in close coordination with team lead to ensure execution of the strategy of the division or project
- Support team in preparation of high-quality research, reports, DPR's and briefing notes required for specific projects
- Strategize to increase awareness & promote entrepreneurship in animal husbandry and dairying
- Coordinate with stakeholders for organizing discussions, workshops, roadshows etc.
- Facilitation for investors in agri-food and allied sectors
- Regularly update the company database on leads and client cases
- Contribute to the delivery of client objectives
Experience and Qualifications:
- Post-graduate/MBA from premier universities in India or abroad
- 1-4 years of work experience in a front-end role at a consulting firm / developmental agency/ investment bank / investment promotion agency / global corporate working in livestock/agriculture/food or allied sectors.
- Experience of preparing DPR's, policy briefs, policy analysis, research reports
- Ability to work in teams and take ownership of the task at hand
- Strong commitment to accuracy and professionalism
- Excellent communication, people, and analytical skills
- Ability to work amid strict deadlines and on multiple projects.
- Preference will be given to candidates with some exposure to livestock, dairy, or food sector.