Job Purpose (Job Summary): The Regulatory Reporting Analyst will be responsible for ensuring adherence to policies and procedures that support Global Distribution Services’ (GDS) regulatory reporting responsibilities throughout the various reporting regions. This includes FCA and SEC reporting requirements as well as other regulatory bodies throughout the Invesco global footprint. The incumbent will execute on regulatory reporting requirements, i.e., compiling of data, monitoring of trade activities, and other regulatory support activities and leverage a multi-regional team to review, validate, and submit regulatory filings. The incumbent will as also stay current with existing and new regulations and provide insights and training of other individuals within the global team. The incumbent works with various global business functions to identify risk and lead Continuous Improvement efforts as well as participating in various other projects across GDS.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Develops regulatory reporting inventory to include all global reporting supported by GDS, this includes reporting obligations placed on Invesco products and all delegation of reporting by institutional and/or sub-advised clients. Scope of regulations will include MiFID, EMIR, SFTR and Solvency II.
- Development and maintenance of an inventory of all third parties leveraged by GDS in the regulatory reporting process; collaborate with functional business teams to identify SLA’s and provide management with metrics to track third party adherence to SLA’s and conveyance of attestations as applicable.
- Maintain procedures and execute such for the review and submission of regulatory reports to the appropriate parties; review should include strong quality assurance and validation of data prior to release of reports
- Document and ensure adherence to timeliness of regulatory reporting for FCA, SEC, and other regulatory bodies as appropriate.
- Collect and report metrics data designed to measure the quality of reported data and timeliness of delivery related to internal reporting activities; provide metrics reports to the GDS management team and others as appropriate.
- Review and recommend changes to reporting policies and standards for all regulatory reporting obligations; this includes controls and analysis of data leveraged in reporting process to ensure highest quality data
- Implement global best practices for GDS regulatory reporting functions; collaborating with functional teams to communicate these practices throughout the team
- Review and maintain documentation regarding clear escalation channels for non-adherence to reporting regulations.
- Assist in the development of and execution of training activities to ensure staff has transparency and deeper knowledge regarding regulation reporting requirements.
- Identify and solution potential risks proactively; ensure escalation and reporting as required.
- Participates in various projects aligned to regulatory reporting obligations. This may include project management support, SME support, or other supporting activities as required.
- Recommend improvements to control procedures in place to extract data from systems for the various reports, and validate procedures are adhered to before reports are filed. Work with Technology to define new and disruptive technologies that bring automated solutions to improve quality and delivery of data and volume-proof for on-going, increased reporting requirements.
- Acts as a change champion and facilitates continuous improvement throughout the regulatory reporting requirements of GDS and the regulatory team.
- Builds productive working relationships with other GDS teams and business partners
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Will have experience working within a global team and environment.
- Broad knowledge of Investment Services operations and trading processes including post-trade processing, security master data, pricing, and other operational services along with key data components utilized
- Minimum 4 years’ security industry experience
- Tech savvy; familiar with and the use of disruptive technology
- Familiarity of global regulatory reporting agencies and reporting requirements including MiFID, SFTR & EMIR understanding.
- Familiarity of Visio, Tableau, and/or Power BI as well as workflow diagraming a plus
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Intellectually curious and open to challenging themselves and others to explore new opportunities
- Challenges status quo in pursuit of world class execution and creating competitive advantage
- Strong quantitative and analytic skills are required
- Strong customer focused attitude
- Structured, disciplined approach to work and good attention to detail
- Good time management, organizational and planning skills
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines while remaining professional and courteous
- Motivated, self-starter. Enjoy challenging work and have a strong desire to learn and progress
- Passion about, and ability to work with and develop, others
- A Master’s Degree or equivalent work experience