The Finance & Admin Business Analyst is essential to the ongoing profitable operations for one of the most globally recognized and respected companies in the world. By overseeing our financial activities, you will enable IBM to continue to bring to market ground-breaking innovations such as Artificial Intelligence, Cognitive Solutions, Cloud Infrastructure, and Blockchain technologies, to name a few.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a SAR Analyst, you will be engaged in compliance reviews, transactional analysis, and procedural work in support of financial services clients in meeting and exceeding regulatory expectations. Analysts are expected to positively contribute to success in a variety of areas related to today’s heightened regulatory climate.
Perform complex analysis of case Alerts, Investigations, draft Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) and perform Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD).
- Serve as a subject matter expert for assigned engagements.
- Ensure work adheres to defined engagement policies and procedures
- Manage work efficiently to meet production goals and project deliverables.
- May provide assistance in performing quality assurance reviews of Analyst work product, and deliver neutral, accurate and constructive feedback.
- Work collaboratively with Team Lead(s) and Quality Assurance to help drive execution, meet quality and production goals and deadlines.
- As needed, may be asked to provide other project support, including serving as a back-up to Team Leads, assisting in training new team members, reporting and process optimization related activities.
- Models success behaviours, a high-performance work ethic and constant self-improvement.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
At least 3 years of AML Alert and Case Investigation experience, with at least 1 year of Customer Due Diligence (CDD) and/or Enhanced Due Diligence experience (EDD).
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Demonstrated experience writing SAR narratives and filing SAR’s.
Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities and able to decipher high risk attributes (transactional, geographical, product, customer type, etc.)
Superior writing skills with the ability to convey ideas clearly, succinctly, and efficiently.
- High competency in written and oral communication; strong interpersonal skills.
Ability to listen, collect and understand appropriate information; identify the concerns of others.
Ability to work independently; take initiative; and able to adapt to change.
- Quick learner able to readily understand regulatory compliance, financial concepts and issues, exercise sound judgment and observe the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Adept at multi-tasking and meeting deadlines in high-pressure environment.
- Results oriented team player with strong initiative and flexibility.
- Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
Able to determine priorities, implement action plans, and evaluate the overall workflow process and results.
Demonstrate a strong sense of urgency by responding immediately to escalated issues and rapidly changing priorities.
Exemplary customer service towards both internal and external parties.
Demonstrated computer software competency, including Microsoft Word and Outlook, is required.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, with the ability to perform data manipulation and pivot tables, etc.
Travel to client sites may be required.
About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementFor additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.