As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an OpenShift Developer Specialist, you would design and develop technical solutions for Cloud migration & applications modernization efforts. You will have proven coding and hands-on experience in containerization of applications leveraging OpenShift and Kubernetes.
You directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems, develop solutions for modernizing existing architecture (cloud or non-cloud) to hybrid cloud architecture leveraging RedHat OpenShift. You are a technical SME, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Implement Cloud Container Re-platform and Refactor Modernization Architecture & Technology
- Provide technical definition in containerization of applications leveraging OpenShift and Kubernetes
- Apply technical, functional knowledge to convert application code into container through modular design.
- Known as the Cloud Developer/ Specialist in your organization, with proven track record driving pattern identification and estimation of the application workloads, migrated & modernized to the target Cloud environment
- Perform application-level discovery, acts as a Trusted advisor for the client by listening to their pain points and considering the industry the client sits in
- SME on RedHat OpenShift migration and modernization tools including install, configure and optimize as per engagement requirement.
- Engages the client (at the technical level) and IBM team to create the application design, including containerization, API, Microservices creation, or other forms of Modernization
- Main development interface with client executive(s) to clarify technical program status in a clear and concise manner
- Promotes innovation across the solution and delivery phases by leading the Design thinking workshops leveraging Agile methodologies and DevSecOps, including continuous integration, continuous testing and continuous delivery
- Co-leads with the Program Manager by providing significant contribution on Technical elements of WBS/Sprint planning, estimation, risk, dependencies and Minimum viable product (MVP)
- Responsible for full stack security design
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
7+ years of experience with developing cloud-native applications using a microservices architecture
- 3+ years of working experience with AWS, Azure, IBM Cloud or RedHat OpenShift
3+ years of experience with developing applications using containers (Docker), Kubernetes, EKS/AKS/GKE
Knowledge on legacy modernization code refactoring.
Knowledge on application code conversion (Engineering to Cloud - Micro services, API)
SME on building microservices, APIs, convert workloads into RedHat OpenShift Container Platform from legacy application code base.
Hands on experience with at least one enterprise development tools (Java or Node.js, dotnet), Front-end/UI frameworks such as Angular or React.
Experience developing with a database (RDMS or NoSQL)
Experience leading agile teams as a Squad Lead or Senior Developer
- Hands on experience in applying DevOps/DevSecOps/Systems Reliability Engineering and creating/using a CI/CD pipeline
Experience with Java Spring Boot
- Experience with Cloud Foundry
Experience with event-based architectures
- Experience with leading agile teams in a large project requiring coordination between teams/squads
- Experience with working with Product Owners/Managers
- Experience with Extreme Programming or SCRUM
Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD) and/or Behavior-Driven Development (BDD)
Certified as a developer on AWS, Red Hat OpenShift or Azure
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
When applying to jobs of your interest, we recommend that you do so for those that match your experience and expertise. Our recruiters advise that you apply to not more than 3 roles in a year for the best candidate experience.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.