As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
As the Microsoft Applications & Database Architect-Modernization to OpenShift, you will be responsible for defining tools and asset solutions and technical leadership for Microsoft Windows and .NET Red Hat OpenShift modernization. You will require strong stakeholder management skills to coordinate with subject matter experts from research, cloud advisory, cloud application, Infrastructure, DevSecOps, security, and external vendors to shape, implement and enable the Microsoft Windows and .NET Red Hat OpenShift modernization. In addition, the successful candidate will have deep hands-on architect experience with Microsoft Ecosystem, .NET technology strategy and product development.
Role Summary description:
- Design and develop Microsoft Windows and .NET modernization asset and tool(s)
- Lead Microsoft Windows and .NET modernization asset and tool delivery team
- Lead solutions for Microsoft Windows and .NET applications modernization into container platform through modular design
- Support campaign definition and Go-to-Market execution
- Perform Cloud Container replatform and refactor based on Modernization Architecture
- Has proven track record driving pattern identification and analysis of the Microsoft Windows and .NET workloads, migrate & modernize to the target Cloud environment
- Interfaces with stakeholders to clarify technical status in a clear and concise manner
- Demonstrate innovation across the solution and delivery phases by participating in Design thinking workshops and leveraging Agile methodologies
- Deep experience in solution, application, integration, cloud infrastructure, network, security and operation architecture
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
7 - 9 years of Architect experience with deep exposure on Microsoft Ecosystem on .NET Framework, WCF, ASP.NET MVC/Web API, IIS, and Entity framework
- Deep experience working on multiple versions of SQL Server, SQL Server Integration Services and Windows Server modernization
- 3+ years in Microsoft Azure, hybrid cloud or app cloud modernization
- Experienced on Kubernetes, AKS, Docker, Ocelot, Open API, BFF, or YAML
- Experience with Git, Markdown, Minishift/Minikube, VSCode, TFS, Azure DevOps, CI/CD tools, DevSecOps or Agile practices
- Coded with NET design patterns, enterprise integration and cloud design patterns
preferably exposure to Data warehouse, SQL Server Big Cluster, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure Cosmos DB, Databricks, Tableau, Power BI, Hadoop, HDFS, Spark, MapReduce, Hive, Kafka
Hands-on exposure on building SOA and/or Microservices preferably on .NET Core, ASP.NET Core, EF Core, GraphQL, gRPC in C# with Microservice design patterns
- Exposure on OpenShift Container Platform would be added advantage
Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible Playbooks, REST Web Services, DevSecOps and GitOps (Cloud-native DevSecOps, Jenkins/Jenkins X, Argo CD, Tekton, etc.)
Frameworks on AWS and Azure, Identity framework, API Gateway, GitHub, Estimation, ROI and TCO
Preferably data-driven mindset, academic knowledge or experience on AI, ML and Data Science.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
When applying to jobs of your interest, we recommend that you do so for those that match your experience and expertise. Our recruiters advise that you apply to not more than 3 roles in a year for the best candidate experience.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.