As a Devops Engineer you will join an exciting team, in an open landscaped, collaborative environment. Your responsibility includes:
- Implement stack deployments follow best practices that result in secure and scalable platforms.
- Monitor resource usage, set budgets, manage accounts and stay on top of new service developments from IBM Cloud and other Leading Cloud providers.
- Ensure performance standards by configuring auto-scaling to meet business requirements.
- Work closely with Strategy and DevOps teams to maintain test / staging / production environments to meet uptime, performance, cost and security goals.
- Maintaining, updating and refining documentation.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3 years of experience with managing a Cloud Platform - AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure & Application monitoring tools (New Relic or similar).
- Basic understanding of Access Control and least privilege principle.
- Hands-on experience writing technical documentation, especially in relation to Cloud architecture.
- Solid understanding of network configuration (DNS, VPN, IP Proxy, Firewall, DHCP).
- Proven Fast learner and adaptable to new technologies and tools
- Demonstrated experience defining and implementing a DevOps culture
- Demonstrated experience working in an Agile Environment.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Found this job inappropriate? Report to us
- We believe in automating everything, and the expectation is to create automated/automatable solutions.
- Caching is a key skill in the cloud, and you will exhibit exceptional skills with local and edge caching solutions
- Ability to debug web-based solutions on both client and server sides would be a skill of the preferred candidate
- Having hands on experience with designing and developing microservices is also preferred.
- Ability to create solutions for an enterprise would be a skill that would be preferred.
- Exposure or hands on experience with SOC2, PCI, and HIPPA compliance would be a plus.
- Proven mathematical and statistical knowledge / written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to do performance measurement and tuning.
- Skill at creating reliable and highly available software.
- Experience with vulnerability assessment and remediation.
- Having developed solutions and/or managed them in Kubernetes.
- Experience with monitoring and alerting.
- Knowledge of IBM Cloud is a plus.