Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.
The Database team is looking for a MS SQL Server Database Administrator to provide database production support in a fast-paced operations environment supporting 24x7 business critical applications using backend MS-SQL database platforms. Database Administrator will be responsible to provide database administration support that includes production support, database deployment, upgrade, performance tuning and disaster recovery support for enterprise servers. The individual should have a solid understanding of heterogeneous database, storage, operating system, networking, and other technologies commonly found in the architecture of larger enterprise-class environments. "Can do" attitude is critical as well as the ability to be flexible, level-headed under pressure, strong teamwork sensibilities.
What you'll be doing
- Install, configure and administer the SQL Server 2019, 2017, 2016, 2014, 2012 on Windows.
- Migrate SQL Servers to higher versions - In-place and side by side upgrade.
- Database refresh (Prod to Dev, QA).
- Plan the instance upgrade, migration and patching.
- Define backup and restore strategy.
- Proactively analysis the performance and tuning recommendation.
- Experience in application DBA support and deployment activities
- Database disaster recovery (DR) strategy like mirroring / log shipping / Always-On.
- OS level activities related to database tasks and windows administration.
- Primarily role is supporting the production and non-prod database environments.
- SLA tracking and reporting to Higher management.
- Provide 24x7 and on call support for critical application databases.
- Scripting - SQL or Powershell.
What you bring to the team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 7+ years of professional experience in a Microsoft SQL Server database administration.
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Experience with replicated and load balanced systems.
- Experience setting up and managing SQL High Availability Group Environments
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server.
- Understanding of disaster recovery and database backup procedures.
- Knowledge in deploying SQL Databases in AWS Cloud.
- Knowledge with SQL Database Migration Wizard on cloud ,MySQL servers. Hands-on is added advantage.
- Progressively learns about new technologies, SQL features and functions.
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams.
- Well-rounded Strong analysis, communication, interpersonal skills, and project management skills are essential to bridge gap between various stakeholders - internal and external, technical, and non-technical.
Hitachi Vantara is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.