At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation.
You will contribute with own ideas to identify, propose and implement innovative technology development and solutions. Solve industrial problems independently.
- Full product development experience on products like, grid tied inverter, static VAR Generator, STATCOM, Active harmonic filter, battery storage system, solar inverter etc.
- Selection and design of different topologies and selection of power devices, design of passive components like inductors, PWM reactors, line reactors, capacitors, heatsink, thermal design of power converter for different power quality or similar applications.
- Control system design for power electronics control application.
- Designing different PWM strategies, different voltage and current control loop, control parameters (P, PI, PID) of power electronics control application and implementing the same in DSP or Microcontroller.
- Integrate the power converter control algorithms into the system level software architecture.
- Design and Develops communication protocols like MODBUS/CAN/I2C/IEC61850/DNP3/other remote communication protocol knowledge
- Travel to understand the power quality problems and proving onsite solutions during the commissioning or operation of Power quality products at customer sites.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Master’s degree in engineering from an accredited institution and a minimum of 3 years of engineering experience in the development of power electronics system and control firmware for power converters and willing to implement IoT concepts.
- PhD in Engineering from an accredited institution and a minimum of 1-2 years of engineering experience in the development of power electronics system and control firmware for power converters and willing to implement IoT concepts.
- Knowledge on end-to-end Power Electronics product development.
- Knowledge in embedded system and embedded C/C++.
- Hands-on experience in circuit and system simulation tools such as PLECS, Matlab /Simulink, PSPICE etc.
- Working knowledge on types of different power devices and associated gate driver design strategies (Si, SiC and GaN).
- Basic knowledge in cyber security, encryption and secure programming using XML/HTML and web-based application development.
- Demonstrated successful track record of completing tasks and deliverables on schedule and on budget.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including demonstrated formal writing and presentation experience.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com