At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Diversity of thought is put at the core of sustainable and profitable growth at our company and we constantly thrive to increase diversity and inclusion at all levels of the organization. Helping us on our journey to a more diverse and inclusive culture the role will be key and you will as global D&I Manager contribute strongly to the company’s success. In this role you will be an important member of the Talent & Learning Leadership team, reporting directly to the Head of Talent & learning.
Diversity + Collaboration = greater innovation
- Partnering with the business and HR leaders in the Hub to proactively diagnose, identify and drive pragmatic D&I strategies and activities under the Diversity 360 umbrella
- Leading and driving specific D&I initiatives, enabling successful rollout and execution of them in the company globally, monitoring effectiveness and continually improving quality
- Coordinating local activities in the Hub to maximize efficiency, identifying best practices; leveraging scale and overseeing allocated topics
- Help define the ground for future D&I targets and focus areas in conjunction with Hitachi Group, Business demands and in full alignment with HR Operations and the compensation and benefits team
- Make sure we have a clear concept that describes and guides the organization to integrate D&I as fundamental aspect when it comes to talent attrition, retention and development with a special focus on it structural integration into out processes and policies around the globe.
- Built a structure and own the framework that drives behavior change towards a more diverse and inclusive workforce and outline best practice and how external networks and benchmarks can help us here thrive
- Ensure the D&I ambition and concept is widely communicated, integrated and understood not only within the own function and the wider HR community but all the way down in the organization to middle manager level as a minimum.
- Living the core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business walking the talk enabling an inclusive workplace and strengthening the sense of belonging
- Define focus areas and quick wins outside gender diversity
- Work closely with Compensation and Benefits to deep dive into ongoing activities and drive further providing an overall frame and direction include identified quick wins
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or equivalent.
- 12+years of experience in Human Resources, with a focus and passion on D&I, talent acquisition/talent management in complex settings, across multiple geographies/ business areas and with a connection to a Shared Services environment.
- Strong commercial and business acumen with excellent influencing and consultancy skills and ability to manage multiple demands on time
- Understand how to lead by influence and have experience on leveraging global scale
- Proactive leadership skills and ability to lead virtual teams, manage, coach motivate others and work with cross-functional teams.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com