Hitachi Vantara, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., builds information management and Social Innovation solutions that help businesses succeed and societies be safer, healthier, and smarter. Our IT infrastructure, analytics, content, and cloud solutions and services drive strategic management and analysis of the world's data. Hitachi Vantara is expanding its product management team to continue down the path of innovation it is known for in the industry.
Machine learning and AI play a key role in our Lumada Data Management and Industrial IoT Platform solutions. We are looking for an AI/ML Platform Architect to design the underlying ML services platform and to provide guidance with respect to the overall ML strategy in alignment with PM requirements. Design considerations that enable the timely roll-outs of new features and functionality are as important as the work on a long-term (strategic) architecture that integrates seamlessly with our other solutions, reduces overlap and technical debt. The ML Architect will work closely with the ML engineering team as well as the architects that a responsible for our Lumada Data Management and IIoT solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree required, computer science, engineering, machine learning, statistics, or mathematics preferred.
- 10+ years of technical experience in software architecture, software development, data engineering, or data architecture.
- 2+ years of experience in building ML platforms, including familiarity with some or all of the following: Jupyter notebooks, model servers, tools for model tracking, model repositories, training and inference pipelines, ML concepts, and lifecycle management (MLOps).
- Experience building cloud-native and/or distributed solutions.
- Familiarity with relational and no-SQL databases, Python, Apache Kafka, MQTT, Apache Spark, etc. would be ideal.
Nice to have
Benefits & Perks
- Health plan (extendable to spouses/children).
- Annual bonus.
- Mobile phone and communication plan.
- Gym reimbursement (We had to ask for this one since we have a tradition of people bringing in cakes to celebrate pretty much everything. We’re the fittest, most handsome engineering team around. Trust us!).
- Flexible schedules.
- Informal and relaxed work environment.
- Lots of growth opportunities.
- Pension Fund (If you ever get to retire, then the company will pay you something for as long as you live).
- Life Insurance (Because sometimes the code wins, but at least your family will get good money).
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.