- Develop efficient data pipelines to collect, manipulate, store, and analyze large datasets and streams using Big Data technologies like - Kafka, Spark, Hive, NoSQL databases.
- Develop and test REST APIs / Microservices using Java.
- Use internal and external APIs to retrieve and update data efficiently.
- Demonstrating best practices for unit testing, CI/CD, performance testing, capacity planning, documentation, monitoring, alerting, and incident response
- Conduct Proof of Concept (POCs) for feasibility studies
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in the IT industry with strong experience in Java/J2EE and RESTful web-services design and development
- Experience with Spring and Spring Boot
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Cassandra, Columnar Databases, and Graph Databases
- Strong CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems
- Strong OOD principles, with the ability to implement them in a language of choice
- Strong experience with Databases design (SQL, NoSQL) and analytics
- Experience building and deploying applications and services into cloud environments (AWS highly desired)
- Strong experience leading design and implementation of robust and highly scalable web services
- Skilled in software development lifecycle processes and experience with scrum, agile and iterative approaches