The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers shine brighter than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Senior System Administrator
In this role, you will:
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities within the team, focusing on automation, process improvement, how technology is best leveraged to add value to business and ultimately the end customer
- Patch servers during the initial stage and use the experience gained during this time to suggest any improvement on man, machine, method or material.
- Provide L2/L3 support to the team.
- Write Windows infrastructure as code to automate and streamline tasks. Building orchestration automation capabilities to support the execution of operational activities.
- Work closely with the POD Lead to provide staff leadership and technical direction on the owned technologies
- Act as a change agent for sustainable continuous improvement, identifying and removing organizational barriers affecting the team, processes and products owned by working closely with the POD Lead
- Drive an agile mind-set within the team by adopting the practices and processes identified as being required for our new fulfilment pods, leveraging agile delivery methods, associated frameworks (e.g., Kanban) and Bank tools (e.g., JIRA) to do this
- Customer focus. Promotes and prioritizes decisions or actions according to customer needs, encouraging others to do the same
- Strengthen stakeholder relationships. Uses relationship management skills/tools to responsibly influence decisions and stakeholder advocacy
- Understand the current needs of all key stakeholders and be able to anticipate future needs in order to manage stakeholder expectations.
- Effectively engages customers, colleagues and stakeholders to build a trust-based relationship.
- Drives a high-performance culture through leadership by example.
- Independently performs assignments to achieve stated objectives and resolve non-routine issues without appreciable guidelines from others.
- Determines and develops solutions under conditions of uncertainty
- Demonstrate lateral thinking and ability to act on initiatives.
- Managing risk responsibly. Embeds efficient risk and compliance processes and procedures as usual practices
- Risk & issue management. Manages tracking of risks/issues/ dependencies, validating them as they arise; takes ownership for critical issues and ensures resolution within agreed timescales
- Monitors team adherence to established policies
- Continually reassess the operational risks taking account of regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, and the impact of new technology. Once assessed, any risks outside of risk appetite should be addressed in the defined manner.
- Through the implementation the Global AML, Sanctions and ABC Policies, supporting Guidance, and Line of Business Procedures the jobholder will make informed decisions in accordance with the core principles of HSBC's Financial Crime Risk Appetite
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment (service excellence) of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organization. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviors that form part of the HSBC Values and Culture, adhering to HSBC risk policies and procedures, including notification and escalation of any concerns, and taking required action in relation to points raised by audit and/or external regulators
- Adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to all relevant internal controls. Adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points.
- Implement the relevant compliance policies. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes within which ITID has to comply. The job holder will need to pay specific attention to the internal controls on asset and service management.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements:
- BE/BTech degree or equivalent experience
- At least 5-10 years of relevant IT experience.
- Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server Technology, Microsoft Systems Centre, scripting (PowerShell) and collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence, Reporting tools such as Splunk.
- Knowledge and experience of using agile delivery methods and tools to implement both tactical and strategic changes
- Experience of using relevant software packages, i.e. McAfee/Symantec/Microsoft protection products. Is desirable but not essential
- Experience of working as part of global teams in a complex and changing technical environment, experience of managing teams responsible for technical projects and support, experience in planning projects and activities systematically in line with business priorities, using a variety of analysis and problem-solving techniques
- Proven experience of leading others and creating an environment that supports and inspires people to develop and deliver.
- A track record of constantly looking for ways to do things better and an excellent understanding of the mechanism necessary to successfully implement change
- Experience of making prompt and practical business decision, even in times of ambiguity, considering various perspectives and taking responsibility for outcomes
- Flexible, adaptable and able to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Ability to work under pressure and remain calm in the face of adversity.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills with clear communication
- Ability to collaborate with different roles to achieve common goals
- Experience of managing an agile infrastructure support team
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to influence, lead and drive teams to deliver, good judgment, assertiveness, high level of communication skills to achieve effective stakeholder management, build consultative relationships, and ability to collaborate directly with a variety of clients (business, development, compliance, etc.)
- Proven ability to articulate complex issues concisely, suitable for all levels across the HSBC group. Ability to interact with and coach senior executives.
- Knowledge of Lean Sigma practices, Innovation, Assertiveness.
- Commercially astute, ability to balance and assess risk vs. reward, maximizing cost effectiveness and profitability for functions and/or business lines
- Needs to be resourceful and demonstrate innovation
- Respectful of different cultures, working with colleagues from across all the globe.
- Industry standard certifications in the technology area of work would be preferred
- Experience of having worked in an infrastructure critical environment for a large organization like HSBC would be advantage.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by – HSBC Software Development India