The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers shine brighter than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Senior Project Manager
In this role, you will:
- WPB Tech has experienced significant growth and change within recent years. This has driven the need for us to undertake a strategic review of our current Target Operating Model and Organisational Leadership Structure. The creation of the newly defined Value Streams (VS) and Sub-Value Streams (SVS) will drive joint delivery of business outcomes through deep partnership between Business, Markets, Technology and Digital. As a result of these new changes, we are seeking experienced professionals for the Data Factory Sub Value Stream Technology Lead opportunity. The Data Factory SVS is part of the Data & Messaging VS and manages the demand for all data pipelines to cloud (including real-time data and event streaming), along with the WPB Data Refinery on cloud and use of strategic products supporting the management of data on cloud.
- Through the assigned SVS, the Data Factory Sub Value Stream Technology Lead will work with teams to drive end to end accountability across local markets, team delivery plans and technical challenges and opportunities before selecting the most appropriate delivery approach by:
- Simultaneously creating and deploying data assets to relevant markets and business services
- Working hand in hand with source systems teams to create a strategic roadmap of data delivery
- Being creative and helping to identify new delivery solutions when the usual approaches don’t fit
- An important component of the Data Factory Sub-Value Stream Technology Lead role will be to set up and manage delivery of Agile Teams across Technology through:
- Managing the end to end creation and delivery of data assets into markets and services, globally supporting through design, requirements, build and testing within WPB technology engineering teams through Agile ways of working
- Responding to new and emergent customer needs and opportunities within markets and regions
- Leading teams (100-120 FTE) using agile methodologies, utilising a DevOps approach to ensure each digital product globally operates on a single code base and is delivered through teams operating a continuous integration and continuous delivery framework and toolset
- Agreeing key metrics and set up dashboards to track planned against actuals and productivity versus quality measures
- Achieving the correct balance of headcount to provide a sustainable and skilled resource pool that can work against delivery of SVS plans
- Maintaining the right level of governance and control to ensure adherence to HSBC guidelines. Drive prioritization to ensure we (WPB technology) are working on the right pieces of change with the highest impact for customers and the bank
- Manage costs associated with implications of risks/issues, involving stakeholders and managing budget variation as appropriate.
- End to end accountability of SVS technology delivery in a high-growth digital environment, exhibiting strong ability to build and implement strategies for solving ambiguous customer-focused problems
- Developing clear strategic priorities that ensures resources (capability, people & funding) are enabled to deliver new features and compelling distinctly native services within VSs
- Managing the tracking of assigned SVS, risks/issues/dependencies, assess the impact of the benefit realization for the programme/portfolio and take action to maximise benefit.
- Translating customer needs through from conception to managing plans and priorities for execution against delivery
- Full ownership of Technology Delivery roadmap, managing changes as they arise and keeping stakeholders focused on the agreed change outcomes and benefits
- Managing and controlling all associated costs/investments against annual budget for designing and developing new services (Change The Bank) as well as managing and supporting existing services (Run the Bank) within the SVS
- Enabling delivery of the agreed Sub-Value Stream by resolving major delivery ambiguities and removing major delivery blockers as required
- Obtaining buy in from and influencing of senior management and stakeholders programme plans, commitments, changes including requirements, quality assurance plans, budget, scope, resources, risk mitigation and contingency plans
- Leverage appropriate technologies and capabilities for relevant delivery agenda
- Improve brand perception and new business share of HSBC in its WPB markets
- Adopt and develop a customer centric ethos, use customer insight to continuously enhance a seamless customer experience, increasing loyalty, advocacy and retention
- Adopt a realistic stretch on technology delivery i.e. leading adoption and new capabilities whilst managing the risk of failure
- Help refine, prioritise and drive the SVS strategy aligned to the WPB strategic goals.
- Provide decisions, technical expertise and innovation across all aspects of areas of responsibility and makes strategic decisions on investment
- Provide the personal leadership required throughout HSBC and support talent growth
- Accountable for leading global teams and removing barriers to aligning with best practices across the globe
- Act as an enabler to join up the multiple areas and stakeholder e.g Senior Execs, Business, Tech and across GB/GF, Product and Proposition Providers, Industry Experts
- Cultivates an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- Able to manage multiple applications to tight budget and time frames Ensure technology goals are identified, communicated, documented, agreed and delivered in the most cost effective manner possible through to the completion of the successful pilot deployment.
- Identifying key risks, issues and interdependencies and provide appropriate mitigation strategies
- Supporting audit / independent programme assessments as required
- Ensure HSBC is not put at any operational or reputational risk
- The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with the Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Outstanding Technology leader experienced in driving strategic change in a matrix environment
- Leading and directing executive and non-executive work groups and effecting change through people in a large matrix organization
- Strong commercial orientation, track record of balancing risks versus rewards and maximizing the cost effectiveness and profitability for the business. Preferably having managed an international P&L
- An entrepreneurial drive, with the ability to deconstruct and solve problems, to investigate drivers and “root causes” and drive business action planning to deliver solutions
- Demonstrated influencing skills in engaging a diverse group of stakeholders to achieve the best outcomes for all stakeholders
- Experience of leading teams in agile at-scale methods using DevOps tools and process
- Managing operational functions, directing process reengineering and efficiency exercises
- Effective communication, influencing and negotiation and strong stakeholder management skills at all levels and across diverse, global teams and key stakeholders across WPB technology and the wider HSBC
- Keen understanding of products, services and underlying processes to fulfill
- Deep and wide subject matter expertise of exceptional ability to lead diverse teams across global functions, with strong people leadership, team work, gathering information and analyzing, judgment and decision making, communication competencies
- Respectful of different cultures, working with colleagues from across all 5 regions (North America, LATAM, Middle East, Asia Pacific and Europe)
- Ability to apply risk assessment and management principles and processes and find ways of solving or pre-empting issues
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by – HSBC Software Development India