The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Sr Architect/Sr Consultant Specialist
Sr Architect / Sr Consultant Specialist is a full stack engineer and architecture role that will be responsible for design and development of AIM tools with specific focus on implementation of APIs/microservices on spring boot and front end applications on angular.
The key elements of the role is:
- Full Stack Engineer
- Ownership of design, development and implementation of AIM tools
- Code reviews and quality control
- API and Microservices technology/architecture
The selected individual will have the right technical and design experience to drive design and implementation of an AIM products like ACE-D (API Design tool), API Loader (publishes APIs to the HSBC API Repository), CAGE (checks if APIs are complying with our API Standards) etc. which are based on API/microservices on springboot, angular, nodejs. Candidate should have architecture and design experience on API, microservices and modern architectures. Implementation and development experience in API, Spring boot, Angular, database technologies is a must.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Design, Develop & Implement both front end and back end features as per backlog/priority
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features.
- Responsible for quality, maintenance of the AIM products.
- Build APIs and micro-services that solve impactful business problems
- Work in an agile CI/CD environment to deliver rapid iterations at a sustained velocity
- Design the prototype application, indicating unit structure and coordinate application plans with the development team or IT & Engineering teams
- Utilize deep understanding of Microservices solutions to make appropriate decisions
- Own the AIM solutions from a technical perspective, driving their evolution leveraging the latest tooling, technologies and techniques, and ensuring alignment with HSBC and AIM standards
- Identify and help manage risk on project
- Provide solution leadership and quickly escalate issues
- Deliver technical talks when requested by delivery teams, acting as the engineering liaison between the AIM team and delivery teams across HSBC
- Supports teams socialising their APIs on the HSBC API Repository and performs reviews of APIs
- DevOps prod support lead for all AIM tooling
- 8-10 years overall experience in professional software engineering. Working experience as a consultant across several domains/firms with an exposure to different technology platforms and architecture models is a huge plus
- 2+ years in architect and/or lead engineer role managing, building and delivering business solutions with a substantial front end and back end elements ( Angular/React, Spring boot based backends)
- Strong communication skills and able to successfully articulate technology concepts to both business and technology audience
- Expert understanding in Java/J2EE/Spring Suite, Spring Boot, HashiCorp Stack, Splunk, microservices, modern GUIs, Cloud deployment and DevOps etc.
- Experience with database technology such as MySQL, Oracle, and MongoDB. Experience with Neo4J a plus.
- Experience in defining Microservices (service decomposition, choreography design, state persistence, interaction model, etc.) taking into account business, legal and compliance requirements
- Must have a stable work background with design, development & integration experience on cloud platforms (eg. GCP, AWS, Azure) in a continuous delivery environment
- Experience with deploying microservices to Kubernetes.
- Expert level experience with REST web services , open API development, and SOA concepts and a good understanding of design patterns
- Hands on experience building APIs using SOAP, REST, XML, JSON, JMS, WS, etc.
- Hands-on experience in implementing API Security and Access control (SPNEGO-TAI, OAuth, SAML, SSL) etc.
- Experience in Developer Process Automation (CI/CD & Code Management) like tuning and utilizing tools, such as, Jenkins, GitHub (including raising and reviewing PRs), Perforce, Docker etc.
- Experience in the design of cloud native applications
- Experience with Service Virtualization, Functional and Performance Tests,
- Experience with doing TDD, if they have done BDD then this is a big plus.
- Nice to have experience on MuleSoft Anypoint API Gateway across API lifecycle development & management or similar API gateway products such as APIGEE, Kong, etc.
- Nice to have experience in API Gateway infrastructure planning, installation and upgrades across multiple countries
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.”
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
***Issued By HSBC Software Development Centre***