The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers shine brighter than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Project Manager.
In this role, you will:
- Influence the project approach, building stakeholder buy-in around the project plan, commitments and changes
- Drive project delivery proactively, balancing planning, scope, schedule, budget, communications and risks
- Managing and planning resources, responsibilities and schedules
- Establishing effective project controls and procedures and quality assurance processes
- Managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Reporting progress, issues, dependencies and risks to project or programme leadership and committees (as appropriate) and making recommendations to influence decision making, in order to maintain progress towards delivery and benefits realisation
- Providing management to maintain a focus on how the project aligns to wider programme objectives, where appropriate, and to the change portfolio across HSBC
- Driving the adoption of HSBC project standards and working in alignment with HSBC project methodology at all times
- Leading the team to meet performance targets aligned to objectives
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Extensive experience managing IT development teams and IT projects
- In-depth knowledge of implementing software utilizing methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall Method and having thorough understanding of various phases such as Requirements, Analysis/Design, Development and Testing.
- Experience with multi-platform applications, including Mainframe, ETL(DataStage) and Web based Java applications.
- Have led teams across broad technical, financial, and business disciplines. Successful delivery of business objectives, tracking progress to ensure project milestones were completed on time, on budget and with the desired results.
- Experience creating detailed Project Road maps, plans, schedules, and work breakdown structures.
- Managed concept-to-launch of the projects related to Infrastructure upgrade, implementing new software application, renovating production applications
- Experience managing change, including risk assessment and risk controls. Addressing audit reviews of the change process.
- Effective communication across global teams with the ability to manage stakeholder relationships, articulate complex technical concepts, and motivate teams.
- Experience managing financial budgets across multiple projects. This requires management of reporting actuals, forecasts and budget variance management.
- Strong senior management reporting skills with the ability to report to multiple forums in various formats, such as Confluence, Clarity, JIRA, as well as publishing presentations.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by – HSBC Software Development India