Overview: A senior position responsible to design Learning Programs, and develop Learning Assets (Curricula, Learner-Content, Facilitator-Guides, Practical Exercises / Labware, Case Studies, Projects, Assessments and Quality Measures) in Information Technology disciplines. The Practice Head is the steward of Skilling-Quality who ensures that the Learning Team outcomes match Business needs.
Key Responsibilities include:
1. Dialogue with Business & relevant stakeholders, identify Jobs for which skilling is needed, and create Job-Profiles that articulate the capability & proficiency needs for each Job.
2. Design Learning Programs that meet Business needs and achieve strategic objectives.
3. Lead Subject-Matter-Experts and create Learning Assets.
4. Identify relevant external Learning Assets (including Certifications) and incorporate (where appropriate).
5. Ensure implementation of Learning Programs in accordance with prescribed Guidelines.
6. Continuously monitor Training to detect quality-deviations and apply remedial measures (if needed).
7. Identify Trainers, mentor them, and guide them in expanding / deepening skill-sets.
8. Lead continuous refresh of Learning Assets.
9. Incorporate best practices, tailor Learning Programs to meet specific needs / challenges, and drive innovations.
10. Represent the Team in regulatory / other audits conducted by the organization
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications for the Job:
1. 12 (or more) years relevant experience in the Information Technology and Skilling (Delivery / Training / Academia) industries.
2. Experience in creating Learning Assets.
3. Proficiency in at least one Information Technology platform / paradigm with a broad understanding of IT skills, platforms, tools, and standards.
4. Proven track record of owning and driving projects / initiatives.
5. Strong monitoring expertise, and analytical skills (discerning patterns and converting these to actionable insight) using metrics.
6. Experience working in a highly confidential environment.
7. Strong partnership abilities (to work with Business, Talent Development, Skill Certification Bodies, Academic Institutions, and vendors).
8. Academic qualifications in Engineering / Information Technology will be a plus