Overview of job
We are currently looking for a Program Manager to join us. In this role, you will be responsible for assisting the Program Head in overall project management, coordinating the Monitoring and Evaluation arm of the program, leading the development of projectspecific communication/IEC materials, managing dayto-day project coordination tasks and writing proposals and pitches for business development initiatives as and when needed.
The position will be based in Gurgaon, with frequent trips to the field project sites. S/he will report to the Program Head and coordinate with the program support unit: Logistics, Admin and Finance to ensure smooth and coordinated functioning of project implementation.
S/he will be responsible for end-to-end management of the project, in addition to training, including the development of training modules, creating training models for execution as well as imparting direct training as per the agreed training objectives, timelines and budgets of the project.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: Program Head
3 best things about the job:
1. Working on social development projects in a setting that leverages a private-public approach
2. Exposure at running both physical and digital development campaigns
3. Managing both small-scale and large-scale social development initiatives and partnering with national as well as international donors and organizations
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Absorbing the new organizational setting and building a rapport with its leadership, teams and employees
- Developing programme design, timelines, and operations systems
- Developing easy technology solutions such as apps and dashboards for project data collection and monitoring
In six months:
- Lead the development of training manuals, undertake trainings of on-ground staff and ensure they are ready to be launched for field interventions
- Lead the design, development and production of IEC materials (physical and digital) with partners and vendors
- Visit project intervention areas to monitor quality of implementation
In 12 months:
- Share final reports on reach, process and monitoring indicators
- Bring new business to the table - writing proposals, pitch presentations and stakeholder coordination and management
What your day job looks like at DF:
- Program Management : The end to end Program management involves co-designing of programs, developing of proposals, securing of mandates, developing SOPs, Implementation frameworks and timelines, operations management, training and capacity building and day-to-day program implementation.
- Business Development : Identify potential RFPs; draft concept notes and produce final proposals; lead both technical and financial proposal development; develop and deliver pitch presentations; map, assess, build relationships with, and pursue new domestic donor opportunities in our states of focus, and international donors as required and suggested by Program Head. Supporting the Program Head in relationship, partnership and client management.
- Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation : Preparation of technical reports and ME tools such as data collection formats, mobile applications and project dashboards, and ensure implementation of uniform ME systems. Conduct trainings and onsite mentorship to field staff on data validation and errorfree reporting. Conducting data quality assurance in field and desk, data validation, supporting programme team in strengthening of ME systems. Maintenance of documentation related to ME activities for program compliance including monthly and quarterly reports, meeting reports etc.
- Communications : Produce project-specific communication materials such as program brochures, program presentations, stakeholder reports, case stories and testimonials, program films, IEC materials, etc.
- Other responsibilities as and when assigned
What you’ll bring:
- Strategic thinking
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills
- Experience working on health programs
- Experience working in fast-paced environment and readiness to deliver outputs as per set timelines
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Post Graduate in Social Sciences/Development Studies/Rural management/ Public Health/ Sociology/ Communication or any other equivalent degree with experience in Health Programmes.
- At least 5-7 years of work experience in implementing development programs.
- Knowledge of issues related to Community Mobilization, Maternal health, Child health, Nutrition and Sanitation or related themes.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Hindi languages
- Ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams, self-confidence, energy and a strong spirit of teamwork
- Sets and maintains high standards of performance for self