GreenBiz Group is a fast-growing media and events company that accelerates a just transition to a clean economy. Through events that galvanize, stories that amplify, and peer networks that bond, we define markets and advance opportunities at the intersection of business, technology, and sustainability. We are a passionate team of people that builds and empowers communities to confront the threats of climate change and solve the thorniest challenges of our time.
We’re looking for an ESG Analyst to support GreenBiz’s strategic growth in the growing sustainable finance and ESG investing market.
- Your primary focus will be helping to build the program for the GreenFin events (next one is June 28-29, 2023 in Boston), the premier sustainable finance and investing event in the United States.
- You will also:
- Support relevant content development for GreenBiz’s other annual events and maintain ongoing partnerships and communications outside of these convenings.
- Support meetings and communications with customers as we grow the GreenBiz ESG Network (currently in development)
- This role will report directly to the Director & Senior Analyst, Sustainable Finance & ESG, and will work collaboratively with members of the content, marketing, design, and sales teams.
- Future growth opportunity in producing sustainable finance & ESG coverage for GreenBiz newsletters and the greenbiz.com website (and other external forums).
Overall compensation (base salary + discretionary bonus) for this role will be provided commensurate with years of experience and qualifications within the following range: $90,000 – $120,000 plus health and wellness benefits.
- Support the development and execution of GreenBiz’s conferences: GreenFin and GreenBiz (finance & ESG track).
- Confirm, track and communicate with speakers. This includes reviewing inbound speaker nominations for GreenFin and GreenBiz events, and identifying and extending outbound invitations to prospective speakers.
- Research and track sustainable finance trends, initiatives, commitments, and collaborations to identify topics to feature in our conferences and newsletter coverage, and help the broader GreenBiz team stay informed on the topic.
- Identify areas for audience development and cultivate strategic relationships with relevant stakeholders to expand GreenBiz’s reach.
- Coordinate with the sales team to thoughtfully engage event sponsors.
- Coordinate with marketing and design teams to ensure aligned communication strategy. Manage website updates of speakers, sessions, and programs to ensure external communications align with internal progress.
- Prepare presentations for external meetings and speaking engagements.
- Respond to inbound inquiries and stakeholder inquiries.
- Attend other industry events, as-needed.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, and two years of relevant experience preferred.
- Sustainable finance knowledge:
- A solid understanding is necessary, though deep sustainable finance expertise is not required. The position is ideal for someone looking to learn and grow within the sustainable finance and investing space.
- Communication skills:
- Ability to speak and write lucidly, thoughtfully, and effectively
- Comfort speaking with executive-level professionals
- Strategic communication –– you’re not directly selling a product, but you’re always selling an idea or a proposition
- Diligent and Detail-Oriented:
- Comfortable managing many moving pieces
- Attention to detail in all communications, internal and external, verbal and written
- Independent Problem-Solver:
- Self-starter who is resourceful
- Excited to learn things you don’t know with the pursuit of excellence in mind
- Know how to ask for help when you need it, and to ask for help with efficiency in mind (i.e. batching questions)
- A Dot-Connecter:
- You enjoy networking, meeting new people, and drawing connections between everything and everyone
- Intellectually, you can draw connections between trends and proof points from across industries
- Technologically Adept:
- Ideally have comfort navigating: Google Suite, MS Office software, Airtable, ClickUp, Salesforce, and Marketo (or can quickly learn)
- Empathy, humility, and curiosity are essential
- Your intent with all your work is to create a positive impact — for our audience, your team members, and the industry as a whole.
GreenBiz Group requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and remote roles. GreenBiz Group provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements unless it results in undue hardship for the business. Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.
About GreenBiz Group
GreenBiz offers a culture that is collaborative, hardworking, and fun. Our office is located in the heart of downtown Oakland, California, just steps away from the 12th St. Oakland City Center BART and AC Transit lines. Currently, we are all working remotely from home. Please include a cover letter and resume when applying and familiarize yourself with our website at www.greenbiz.com.
We offer a competitive employee benefits package including:
- Full medical and dental benefits
- Retirement savings options
- Generous holiday schedule
- Discretionary paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- Two paid volunteer days per year
- Reimbursement for home office expenses
- Employee stock option plan
Equal Employment Opportunity
GreenBiz Group values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. GreenBiz Group is an equal-opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.