WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group is a bank holding company and a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Goldman Sachs provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net worth individuals.
Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
The Controllers group is responsible for safeguarding the firm's assets: to help maintain the
integrity of Goldman Sachs' finances and expenditures.
Through careful consideration and analysis of firm finances, objectives and strategies, we ensure
that the firm's businesses continue to be profitable and efficiently run. Controllers also ensure that
all business practices are in compliance with financial and regulatory requirements worldwide.
Since contact with virtually every part of the firm is essential to Controllers, professionals in the
department experience Goldman Sachs businesses, products and sophisticated technology systems
- Track, analyze & validate Asset Based fees revenues earned by Goldman Sachs’s Investment
- Ensure that financial reporting is of high quality and meets applicable accounting principles and regulations
- Perform control functions of revenue reporting while working closely and managing relationships
- with Product Control, Operations, Tax & Technology
- Proactive support to Financial Reporting & Divisional Management Reporting team on regular basis
- Regular reviews for new, as well as existing, transactions for accounting treatment and control
- considerations across various types of products
- Handle external auditors, provide support during preparation of consolidated and non‐consolidated
- US GAAP financial reporting and disclosures (local GAAP wherever required)
- Analyze & Track IMD Fee Receivables and related quarterly / annual disclosures in 10Q/K’s
- Collaborate with IMD Management, business and Tax to calculate, control and monitor GSAM
- Transfer Pricing
- Provide variance analysis and prepare management reporting packs on monthly/quarterly basis
- Manage the quarterly Balance Sheet substantiation & SOX process
- Work closely with other divisions, including: Fund accounting, Treasury, Billing , Assets reporting,
- Financial reporting, IT & product services
- Qualified CA
- Basic industry knowledge and strong accounting knowledge.
- Knowledge of US GAAP & IFRS is a definite plus.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, tools and utilities for business use
- Candidate must be proactive, enthusiastic and team oriented
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions in a fast‐paced environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail