It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Sr. Data Software Engineer
Department & Team:
We're looking for a Data Software Engineer to join our team based in India.
Our vision is to empower Genesys to leverage data to drive better customer and business outcomes. We are building modern cloud-based Data Platform to enable batch and streaming solutions to turn vast amounts of data into useful insights. If you’re interested in working with the latest big data technologies, using industry leading BI analytics and visualization tools, and bringing the power of data to our customers’ fingertips then this position is for you!
Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts (that are typically being defined in real-time), and, above all, is passionate about data and analytics.
- Work in an agile development environment, constantly shipping and iterating
- Develop/enhance Cloud Based Modern Data Platform and infrastructure and tools
- Develop high quality batch and streaming big data pipelines and software modules
- Interface with our Data Consumers, gathering requirements, and delivering complete data solutions
- Ability to apply technical knowledge to solve problems in specific areas.
- Adopt and define the standards and best practices in data engineering including data integrity, performance optimization, validation, reliability, and documentation
- Keep up-to-date with advances in big data technologies and run pilots to design the data architecture to scale with the increased data volume using cloud services
- Participate in code and design reviews of team members.
- 3 or more years of experience in data modeling, software development, and/or data warehousing
- University degree (Bachelors) in CS or related technical field or equivalent experience
- Experience with large scale data processing systems for both batch and/or streaming technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Kinesis, or Flink) or equivalent
- Experience in Cloud Technologies and building/working with data platforms and working with infrastructure as code with Terraform or CloudFormation.
- Experience with AWS big data technologies - S3, EMR, Redshift, Glue
- Experience in programming using Python, Java or Scala.
- Experience with data orchestration tools desired (Airflow or Step Functions).
- Solid understanding of database technologies including NoSQL and SQL.
- Track record of delivering reliable software solutions including testing, monitoring, and alerting
- Communication skills to explain technical concepts to junior members as well as other stake holders.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new concepts and technologies as needed quickly.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate and work with both business and technical team.
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world’s best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry’s #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Safety for our employees and our communities is a key priority for Genesys. We continue to experience rapid growth during the Covid-19 pandemic and are conducting remote hiring and onboarding processes. All hiring and onboarding processes are being conducted remotely at this time.
As our Covid-19 task force and internal teams plan to reopen our global offices, the policies and procedures continue to be updated.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you or someone you know may complete the Reasonable Accommodations Form for assistance. Please use the Candidate field in the dropdown menu to ensure a timely response.
This form is designed to assist job seekers who seek reasonable accommodation for the application process. Submissions entered for non-accommodation-related issues, such as following up on an application or submitting a resume, may not receive a response.