Headquartered in Concord, Massachusetts, U.S, privately owned, Sakon has 600+ employees (including a global delivery center in Pune, India) providing control and insight for enterprise communications ecosystems through a SaaS-based platform, services, and a self-service mobile APP.
Sakon, formerly GSG, simplifies how businesses around the world Understand, Manage and Transform their Communications and Cloud Ecosystems. Sakon has over 200 enterprise customers spanning virtually every country across the globe. Sakon recently announced record growth as Fortune 1000 Companies are leveraging Sakon for better TEM, MMS, and SaaS Management. Sakon also recently launched the Sakon brand and platform as well as receiving industry awards and coverage by the top industry analysts. Sakon is headquartered in Concord, MA with additional locations across North America, Europe and India.
Responsible for completion of accurate and timely monthly financial close for India, including intercompany transaction documentation with the US.
- Compliance with iGAAP and U.S. GAAP, enforce company accounting policies, practices and internal controls, and ensure consistency in accounting on a worldwide basis
- Ensures financial accounts are properly supported and reconciled.
- Responsible for maintaining a robust financial and operational control environment for the Indian business in compliance with the company policies
- Provide the business with timely, accurate and insightful analysis of the results and forecast, leading to accelerated business performance; responsible for delivery of accurate books of accounts - P&L; balance sheet and cash flow
- Designing effective budget models for departments and the entire company
- Analyzing financial information (e.g. revenues, expenditures and cash management) to ensure all operations are within budget
- Presenting annual budgets to senior managers
- The manager will be responsible for providing the leadership team with reports and insights, providing all financial submissions to the global team and managing all local budgets and business targets
- Work closely with the Global Finance team and interface with the local management to provide technical, operational and other support on an as-needed basis.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory tax compliance for India, incl. federal, state, GST, payroll, and other applicable taxes and regulations.
- Identify opportunities to improve cost structure
- Work with the US Head of Finance and India Country Manager to become familiar with the clients and their individual billing needs.
- Review and understand customer contracts.
- Gather all necessary information from multiple departments each month.
- Use invoice templates in QuickBooks to enter new monthly charges for over 200 clients.
- Track billing information for different clients.
- Track new clients and clients that are terminated.
- Strong communication with senior leaders throughout the organization
- Degree in Accounting & Finance
- Chartered Accountant
- 10-15 years of post-qualification experience
- Extensive experience in the areas of financial reporting and accounting
- Statutory compliance and taxation
- SaaS experience is strongly preferred
- Prior management experience required
- Demonstrated ability to form, lead and develop high-performing teams
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and Indian GAAP
- Should have managed Indian taxation
- Strong knowledge of statutory tax compliance requirements (direct and indirect)
- Experience of working in the IT (Information Technology) industry in India is a pre-requisite
- Experience of having managed a team of Finance and Accounting professionals
- Experience in working in a global environment
- Passion for instituting effective and efficient processes and controls
- Communication skills for credibility at all levels of the organization
- A natural sense of ownership for projects and duties and innate desire to lead by example
- Strong organization skills required
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a fast-paced technology company environment
- Highly effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, multitask efficiently, and manage individuals.
- Detail-oriented, with a high level of ethics and integrity
- Familiarity with QuickBooks is a plus
Interested candidates, please share your profile at email@example.com