Overview of job
The primary responsibility of the job is to work with users at a high level to study business requirements and develop broadly defined computing solutions to business problems around the integrated media processes. You should be proficient in creating integrated media solutions and manage multiple brands. You will also be responsible for handling day to day operations and ensure smooth functioning of the team and processes.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the National Director - IT
3 best things about the job:
- The experience of working in a truly dynamic and rapidly changing media industry,
- Ability to see the development of new products along with enhancements of current product and processes,
- A fun and challenging environment that individual aspiration can be fulfilled.
Measures of success
In three months:
- An understanding of media processes and systems at GroupM IT,
- A good grasp on our technology landscape at both conceptual and operational level,
- Detail understanding of Automation as a function and the role it plays in the organisation
In six months:
- Start to identify new opportunities for projects and enhancements to new and existing systems/products,
- Is able to lead and manage projects autonomously,
- Build relationships with key business partners – sponsors on your projects / third party vendors / key regional contacts.
In 12 months:
- Contributes to bringing efficiency by 20% to the current process,
- Create confidence within agencies to start converting existing client to invest into Analytics.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Obtain a thorough understanding of media, media systems and processes at GroupM across all media types.
- Identify opportunities for new projects and enhancements to new and existing products.
- Accountable for defining requirements for improving any aspect of processes and systems and quantification of potential business benefits.
- Accountable for applying agreed methods to carry out investigations, analysis and documentation of business functions & processes.
- Accountable for creating viable specifications and acceptance criteria.
- Responsible for interpreting unstructured business needs and views into structured requirements and specifications.
- Provide input into business process roadmaps and business cases
- Construct and operate an analytical framework to make data-driven business decisions
- Support, execute and create automation tools which can deliver analyses such as advertising performance analysis, website analytics, media mix analysis and brand research
- Consolidate information into cohesive and insightful analytical reports for use in decision-making. Design and generate high quality and impactful BI reports that drive value and process efficiency
- Must have familiarity and understanding of programming languages, SQL Server and Scripting, .Net development, database design concepts, and visualization tools such as Microsoft Power Bi.
- Deploy visualization tools and techniques such as Tableau, PowerBI & Infographics to build comprehensive dashboards
- Work with key stakeholders and senior leaders to develop short and long-term analytic strategies, provide key analysis, and identify opportunities and threats through data analysis and research
- Lead a team which will work with you on delivering the key automations and enhancements to existing products
- Ability to deliver high level reporting for the executive committee and other leaders in the business.
- Ability to put together case studies and presentations showcasing the work done and the progress on systems, the results of optimizations and the next steps of automation.
What you will need:
- Degree in computer science/Masters in Computer Application or another related technical field
- At least 8 years of proven track record of working in an similar IT function / role
- Ability to question & challenge users at all levels with confidence, to arrive at a clear and unambiguous view of requirements
- Strong business process mapping, improvement skills and data analysis
- Benefits assessment and management – ability to investigate, identify issues and raise development ideas
- Excellent communication & stakeholder relationship management skills
- Strong sense of accountability with an ability to work to deadlines and manage multiple tasks
- Expert ability for developing insight and understanding client needs
- Experience in documentation and training material preparation
- Knowledge on agile methodology
- Knowledge on Project Management
- Should be able to give business insights to clients. This will be preferred and will be given added advantage
- Data manipulation, predictive modelling and statistical tools (SQL, R, Python, Excel, etc.)
- Machine Learning/AI knowledge will be added advantage.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English
- Preferably based in Mumbai
More about GroupM
GroupM - GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com
Follow @GroupMAPAC on Twitter
Follow GroupM on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/groupm
2020 brought opportunities for brands to innovate because of which we saw an evolving media stack. The growth of digital is set to soar high because of changing consumer habits. With approximately 500 million smartphone users, low-priced data plans, 45 to 50 million e-commerce shoppers, approximately 60 OTT offerings and a young population, India is a mobile-first internet market. It is also one of the top 10 ad spend markets in the world and is set to climb the ranks. Global big tech corporations have made considerable investments in top e-commerce/retail ventures and Indian start-ups, blurring the lines between social media, e-commerce and mobile payments, resulting in disruption on an unimaginable scale.
At GroupM India, there’s never a dull moment between juggling client requests, managing vendor partners and having fun with your team. We believe in tackling challenges head-on and getting things done.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with