Job Description - Director Finance / SVP Finance - Provide Finance Leadership to the company, and be accountable for finance function to the founders and to the board.
- Partner with the business unit heads to help the company achieve business goals.
- Develop periodic financials forecasts, strategic planning, & budgeting.
- Establish and Control budget heads; drive financial discipline in the company;
- Set Up Financial control processes, including Six monthly/Quarterly Operating Plan, and ensure adherence to budgets.
- Be accountable for all Statutory Compliances for the Company, including the Companies Act, RBI, FEMA, Taxation, Labour Laws, Shops & Establishment, FSSAI, Ecommerce, Consumer protection etc.,
- Monitoring of operating and financial performance of the company; track cash flow Unit Economics, and Supply chain costs on a periodic basis.
- Present financial performance of the company on a periodic/monthly basis to the leadership.
- Liaise with indirect tax authorities and govt bodies, and/or external consultants on indirect taxation, and be accountable for taxation issues for service tax, vat, income tax and other taxation requirements.
- Managing Commercial functions for trading, terms of trade with brands/manufacturers, etc for the company's business units and/or subsidiaries, and logistics terms of trade with 3p logistics providers.
- Be accountable for corporate finance functions, including investment finance, equity and debt fundraising, and M&A.
- Design and drive payment processes for marketplace sellers, partners, and customers in the most tax efficient way.
- Drive the strategy for company's payment related product offerings including wallets, loyalty cards etc, to help us design simple tax efficient and compliant offerings.
- Be accountable for the integrity of company's finances, and ensure readiness for Audit and compliance.
- Build and lead a team of top notch finance talent in the company
- Work with Tech and Product teams and provide inputs to build the accounting platform/backend for both marketplace and internal finance control systems.
- Setup up a very metrics driven finance organisation; work closely for Finance Ops teams and Marketplace seller payment teams, category vendor management teams; drive metrics for on time payments, and accurate payments.
Must Have :
- CA, 12-20 yrs of experience in corp and biz finance function,
- Min 5 years experience in Retail FMCG major.
- Demonstrated excellence in performance, growth/promotions in past companies
- Demonstrated ownership of finance goals, and hands on experience partnering with business leaders to drive business goals.
- Excellent knowledge of India taxation regime. Good knowledge of Indian Accounting System IND-AS
- Excellent understanding of retail economics, e-commerce, marketplace business model
- Proven experience in direct and indirect taxation
- Excellent communication and leadership skills. Ability to scale the entire finance function for growth stage
- Drive and motivation to think and act like founders.
Other Skills and Experience -
- Experience in Logistics function or logistics companies will be very useful.
- Experience in PE/VC investment process and FDI regulations will be very useful.
- Ability to provide business inputs and domain knowledge for finance/accounting tech team and products, and help us build world class finance/accounting backend powered by tech.
- Ability to mentor peer leaders and drive company goals
- Proven experience presenting plans and managing expectations of investors, board of directors
- Proven experience handling PnL for retail units or business units