India's largest and fastest growing Omni Channel Food & Grocery retailer. Committed to building India's most customer obsessed business with the world's best omni-channel food and grocery experience -and all of this on a massive scale
Purpose of the role
The purpose of this role is to devise and execute Category strategies in line with the overall merchandising strategy of the organization:
- Across different business formats including super, hyper, and Omni,
- Deliver sales growth (volume and value), profitability & inventory turns for the category
- Establish a collaborative relationship with vendors for sustainable growth
Principal Responsibilities :
- Category P&L - Consolidate and decide category budget, deliver on Sales & Margin target, understand category finances, plan and execute promotional and pricing programs to drive price perception and sales, manage and ensure adherence to the agreed WC norms in order to be with the agreed cash flows, understand basic mathematical calculations for pricing decisions, markups, markdowns and implication of GST which are frequently used in making decisions related to merchandising.
- Customer First - Ensure that the plans reflect the local consumer needs coupled with the competitive scenario, incorporate region/zone inputs into plans, create robust SKU assortment to meet localized customer needs (based on external category share data across both offline and online formats, and internal category growth priorities). Make certain that quality & in-store merchandising standards are executed for the category.
- Planner Ensure - all market conditions for upcoming season are assessed & optimized (supply, quality, pricing). Conduct regular market visits to better understand category implementations in stores & build upon competitor awareness.
- Challenge the Norm - Enhancing efficiencies by looking for technology and automation solutions.
- Rain Maker - Manage Vendor negotiations, taking into account internal and external data points on vendor performance, to reach win-win solutions.
- Growth Driver - Identify growth levers, concern areas, performance at category, product, store or seasonality level to take informed decision.
Knowledge / Education :
- 10-15 years of strong experience in Sales, Category Management, Ecommerce in FMCG/Retail industry
- MBA from a Tier 1/2 institute
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong shopper consumer orientation
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Bias for Action