The incumbent is primarily responsible for managing the activities of the large Accounts Payable team in relation with the suppliers and purchasing. Y o u' ll e stablish y o u rself as a t rue bu siness p artner b e ing ve ry h ands o n t o ot h e r functional areas. Reporting to the Director, Finance, the Manager will plan, organize, and executes the corporate accounts and freight payable’s function. This role is responsible for the design, implementation, and operation of efficient payables processes (i.e., intake, matching, authorization, and payment), recruitment and development of talent, managing relationships and service levels with payables technology partners and ensuring accurate accounting for transactions. The role is also responsible for updating and adhering to company policies, internal controls, and industry best practices.
T h is is a r o le t h at w ill p lay t o y o u r s t rengths - ex c e p t ional communication skills, systems savviness, business acumen and an ability t o ex c e l in a h ighly e n t repreneurial, fast-paced environment. Y o u' ll join a p assionate t e am, w i t h t o p p e rformers and industry leaders.
CLIENT I N F O:
Our client is a Global leader in their area of focus. They are a very diverse group with operations across North America and the world. Looking for an AP Manager to continue to lead their existing top-notch AP team made up of (3) AP Team leads and (17) AP coordinators. Comprised of a genuine, passionate, determined, and positive team.
They have a fast-paced and collaborative environment offers you the opportunity to work with leaders in the industry, receive recognition for achievements and develop your expertise.
K EY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the corporate accounts and operational payable’s function which includes overseeing timely and accurate intake, matching, and vouchering of vendor invoices, monitoring of work in progress accounts and account reconciliations, and payment authorization and execution.
- Evaluates and addresses talent, processes, and technology requirements of the payables function to improve efficiencies, manage cash flow and support business process owners and operations teams.
- Maintain an AP performance dashboard and define improvements based on the underlying data
- Provides analytical support for Corporate Finance, Procurement, business process owners, and operations teams to drive timely decision making, procurement and resolution of vendor / client matters.
- Partners with the Treasury to ensure payment procedures and technologies adhere to company policies, internal controls, and industry best practices.
- Administers sales and use, value-add and retail sales tax accounting, reporting and remittance.
- Supports accounting and payables requirements for capital projects, facilities expenditures, and procurement/purchasing functions.
- Develops and monitors vendor statistics, process and productivity metrics and analyzes payables trends.
- Deploys associates and solutions to resolve urgent vendor payment matters, and support vendor / agent payment and remittance requirements.
- Partners with Treasury and IT groups to implement leading payment technologies and methods to reduce costs, improve cash flow and support vendor remittances requirements.
- Oversees the corporate expense and credit card programs; works directly with banking, technology, and internal stakeholders to optimize card rebates and provide a high level of quality for cardholders / users.
- Ensures the payables function complies with company policies, internal controls, and industry best practices.
- Supports quarterly review and year-end auditor requirements and internal audit testing requirements.
P ROFESSIONAL Q U A LI F I CATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and standards.
- Required associates Degree or post-secondary education in Finance
- Strong working knowledge and experience of full cycle accounts payable.
- Strong people management skills including leading, performance management, mentoring, coaching, and developing large teams.
- Strong communication (oral & written) skills. Ability to communicate with all levels of management.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Must have large ERP AP system experience
- High Volume AP Experience
- Minimum of 7+ years’ experience in Accounts Payable.
- Minimum of 3 years leadership experience.
If yo u are l o ok ing for a flexible w o rk-life b alance, a c o m p et i t ive salary and b e n e fits p ackage and an o pp o rtunity t o g r o w y o u r c areer t o t h e n e x t l e v e l, o u r client w ill g ive y o u t h is o p p o rtunity.
Location: Toronto, ON ( Remote role)
Direct/Indirect R epo r ts: Y e s
Ty pe : Full Time-Permanent Role
Salary: Competitive + Bonus
Health B ene fits : Included
Employee Travel Benefits : Yes