The Lead Software Engineer is a core member of our platform team and will work closely with Product and Engineering teams across multiple product verticals. This position will focus on building common platform components across all engineering teams in Fabric Inc. In addition to designing and building reusable platform components, you will also be responsible for creating and maintaining customer facing features that cut across multiple application modules such as customer identity management.
The successful candidate will have prior experience in leading building enterprise scale software and platforms as well as leading a small team of engineers. A person who is comfortable with multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment is required. You will work with other engineers, product management, QA, and operations teams to identify common requirements and design systems that can be easily adopted to address the needs. You will also participate in technology evaluation to identify external vendors that can be incorporated into the Fabric ecosystem.
- Partner with the technology leadership team to architect, engineer, and implement and improve IAM toolsets to ensure they appropriately meet the risk expectations of the company.
- Helps lead future state planning, implementation and design of Identity Access Management technologies and automation of manual tasks.
- Lead cross functional initiatives such as role-based access control and workflow coordination between application modules
- Incorporates identity access governance support and implementation services, privilege identity management support and identity lifecycle management with respect to regulatory compliance and approved standards and policies into the overall IAM roadmap.
- Engage and collaborate with key business stakeholders and customers as it relates to all supported systems and applications to verify, validate and audit access.
- Lead teams that continuously ship new features with aggressive deadlines, measure the results, and iterate. Help convert our systems to be service based and cloud agnostic.
- Deliver innovative solutions concerning cloud and mobile apps access management, access enforcement/administration implementation, access/elevated administration implementation, and segregation of duty (SOD) management and other IAM compliance related activities.
- Remain current on IAM trends to determine the appropriateness for Fabric.
What you bring to the table:
Qualifications (Good To Have)
- 8+ years of professional software development experience
- Extensive experience with large scale distributed systems, event driven architectures and streaming/batch big-data processing
- Experience with relational databases and distributed storage systems (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Redis)
- Experience development of large scale consumer-facing micro-services solutions.
- Proven ability to define and implement effective software development methodologies
- Outstanding writing, presentation and communication skills
- Aptitude for being organized with flexibility and for delivering results in a fast-paced environment
- Proven strong collaboration skills and passion for learning new technologies
- Prior experience as a mentor/tech lead to mentor junior engineers and develop products at scale
- Demonstrated ability to show initiative to drive progress and improvement
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines
Qualifications (Good To Have)
- Acquaintance with AWS or similar cloud ecosystems
- Experience building server-less solutions on AWS and other cloud providers / Kubeless
- Varied experience architecting, designing, and optimizing key IAM tools and processes including but not limited to:
- User identity lifecycle management solution products or role-based access control solutions
- Directory services products, SAML, LDAP, PKI
- Single sign-on, multi-factor and federation solutions
- CyberArk, or other privilege accounts lifecycle management solutions
- Experience with big data infrastructure tools (Spark, Flink, HDFS, Hive, Presto, Kafka) and different data serialization tools (Protobuf, Thrift, Avro)
What we bring to the table:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Fast-paced, fun and collaborative environment
- A team invested in you both personally and professionally