Currently we are seeking candidates, Quantitative Research Analyst, to join our growing strategic quantitative researches team in our India Center of Excellence.
Selected candidates will have the opportunity to work with world-class trading, IT and research teams based in New York, Paris and Bangkok.
- Development and back testing of quantitatively oriented equity investment strategies
- Working alongside on alpha research, with a primary focus on: idea generation, data gathering and research/analysis, model implementation and back testing for systematic equity strategies
- Combine sound financial insights and statistical learning techniques to explore, analyze, and harness a large variety of datasets in order to build strong predictive models which will be deployed to the investment process
- Work with large data financial sets, including unconventional data sources, to predict and test statistical market patterns.
- Process data; perform data modeling, evaluations and simulations.
- Establish research plans, manage multiple Quant Research projects and ensure timely delivery of projects.
- Be able to understand and apply research papers in finance and econometrics.
Preferred Technical Skills
- Strong research and programming skills in Python are necessary
- Masters or PhD degree in a quantitative subject such as Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, or related field from a reputed university
- Approx. .5-1 years of experience as a quantitative researcher in systematic equity space - in any hedge fund, asset management or proprietary trading firm
- Approx. 3-4 years of alpha research using Python as language
- Knowledge of Pandas & Numpy
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research using large data sets
- Strong economic intuition and critical thinking
- Product experience in statistical arbitrage strategies